Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
It is a sign of appeasment to the leader of the pack. The top dog in my pack, Bouncer, has three of my other males hanging around, licking his face/mouth. Also, in the wild, it signals the mom to regurgitate food for the pups. lol Gross I know.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It is a sign of appeasment to the leader of the pack. The top dog in my pack, Bouncer, has three of my other males hanging around, licking his face/mouth. Also, in the wild, it signals the mom to regurgitate food for the pups. lol Gross I know.

My Zeus always licks our faces! You should have seen him when we mt this gorgeous male longhaired chihuahua who literally looked like a little lion he was killing him with kisses!! lol!! I didn't know about the mother thing tough!! QAnd YES that is gross ha ha!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dog does this and I must always say out loud "kisses" because now I can put in a request and he comes and gives me one!
Also does it when he has been told off, gets all unsettled until he gets to lick me and then he acts like its all ok again.

Funny little things

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.