Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so upset. I just found out (through my own googling and researching) that my suspicions are correct. Dookie is NOT a Chiranian (Pomeranian & Chihuahua) he is a Shizu & Pomeranian! I cant believe a puppy store would mislead me like this! I didn't get him off of Craigslist or a want ad. I'm so upset. Do you know if there is anything I can do about this? I love my puppy either way, he's my handsome little prince. I'm just so mad I was lied to. :foxes15: I guess I'm not a Chihuahua owner :(

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
No you got from a pet store...i'm 100% not surprised

sorry for your loss I don't think there is anything you can do hopefully someone on here will know how to help you : (

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are you a 100% sure? Are you only going by pictures or did you do a DNA profile?

Have you heard... Pet Stores buy their puppies from Puppy Mills. Have you've been or seen how a Puppy Mill is ran?

Sorry to be so harsh..
You can't blame the store. They aren't the breeder, they're the purchaser. Maybe they were told thats what that breed is.

I am sorry, you are not a chi owner :( ..hope you will still stick around.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also, I can understand you being upset, but if you love your pet, and you are not a breeder, then really, who cares what he/she is mixed with :)

By law, there is a 3 day lemon law (unless they've changed it in the past 10 years).

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I suppose Chi-ranian and Shi-ranian sound a lot alike :confused:
If you really want a Chihuahua, then start with getting to know more about the breed.
And, of course, you only want a dog from a reputable breeder. There are
many threads on here on how to find one and what that means. Don't go
back to "the Puppy Store" unless it is to return the mixed breed dog.
Being able to recognize a dog bred to standard will help you. If you spend some time
here on Chi Ppl you will learn a lot about what to expect in the whole process of getting
a puppy. Many people have waited months, even a year or so, to get a beautiful,
healthy puppy with an excellent temperament. It isn't an instant gratification
thing like the puppy in the window experience. Good luck with your decision.

and, check out:Puppymills - Information about puppy mills and how to shut them down.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have shih tzus and dookie def looks shih to me. There the most loveable friendly happy dogs I'm sure hel be a lovely little dog for you and if you do decide to get him a friend you could maybe check out reputable chi breeders I'd stay well away from stores you've got no idea what there selling you dookie is beautiful by the way

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ooo a pet store? I'm not at all surprised either unfortunately. Pet stores get the puppies from brokers who got the pups at puppy mills or from the puppy mill themselves! I'm sorry you learned the hard way in this case--never ever shop at a pet store again because in doing so you are helping these puppy mills stay in business.

Saying that...your pup looks like a Shih Tzu & is SUPER CUTE!! I'm sure he's a wonderful pet no matter his breed. Learn from the experience & learn what not to next time you search for a dog. And in the mea time...enjoy your gorgeous boy! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts