Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Bonnie for a month and a bit now. But she seems to lose all her puppy fur within a very short period of time. I swear it's like overnight. I didn't notice a lot of fur lying around, so I think it's her puppy fur changing to adult fur. (I have the other 2 girls, LH which will be a year old next month, but I only noticed their underneath coat starting to grow)

The left picture was taken when Bonnie was almost 8 weeks old, and the right picture was taken when she was 13 weeks old. If it's not the markings, she could be another dog. She is even lighter now. Her Mother is brown / red colour and her Father is pure white.

I know their true colour don't show straight away but my question is can a puppy fur change so fast, in colourwise way? (Took the pictures at around the same time of the day, same place, so I know there's only slightly difference with the natural lighting.)

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
its the same with amber. she has been loosing her puppy coat a couple of weeks now. and like you i have just noticed how lighter her brown markings are. she looks so gangly at the moment long legs and skinny body, i dont like this stage.
her dad is the same colour as her and mam was brown.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think it can happen fast, Pixel was so dark around her nose and that lightened rightup and her underneath went from red to white too. All seemed to happen overnight although I am sure it was more like a few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts