Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little bit is a chihuahua rat terrier mix puppy who came to our shelter 3 weeks ago.

His previous owner gave us a call on a monday saying she could no longer care for him because she was an older lady. That she thinks her oldest son had kicked him and maybe his legs were broke because he was not walking. I personally went out to pick him on monday afternoon. I wanted to cry it hurt me so much to see him in so much pain he would not walk and you could see he had not been eating. When I picked him up he screamed in pain I wrapped him in a towl and I could just smell infection all over him so I knew he needed care ASAP. I took him to my vet before taking him to the shelter he had 2 broken ribs the vet said it could have been a kick or somone could have steped on him. The infection was from his weewee he had a UTI it was so badly you could smell the infection from him. He was eat up with worms they didn't believe he would make it. Now 3 weeks later he is walking and playing no more infection and no more worms he is fatter now and is enjoying life. I have thought about adopting him I would love to but he needs alot of attention now and I don't think I could provide that now with school and 3 dogs plus the rough playing with sasha would prob cause him problems. So I am personally checking homes for him I want him to have the perfect home ever. Here is some pics of Lilbit.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Thank goodness that little fellow had you to rescue him........I can just imagine the pain he was in...I am sick thinking about it.....you are doing wonderful work...I admire you.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I just want to cry at the senseless cruelty of some people. If you're capable of kicking a defenseless puppy, you are the worst kind of lowlife the human race can produce. :angry5:

But this story will have a happy ending. I know someone will give him the love and forever home he deserves. Poor little guy. Please give him a kiss from me and Lily. :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I am beginning to think there are alot of low life people that are cruel out in this world.... I wonder how the person would feel if we all went over there and kicked him in the ribs and broke a few for him.....

Teresa I know you will find him a wonderful forever home.. It is people like you that make me think of the good and not the bad...

Good luck and God bless

·
Registered
273 Posts
What a cute baby!! How people can be so cruel to a defenseless little one just infuriates me. I'm glad you took him in and got medical help as soon as you got him. Good luck finding him the perfect home!!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I am so glad you went and saved him. How can anyone be that cruel :cry: :cry: :cry: I hope he gets adopted to a great home cause he deserves it and the person who hurt him gets equal pain or worse :twisted:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is very sad how somone could do him this way if you could only see how tiny he is. He is only 4lbs he's so tiny the lady also had another chihuahua mix on her property that we seized because of her crulty to this little guy. The other puppy looked more sheperd mixed then chihuahua mixed both were living in a 5x10 cage walking in there own pee and poop. She goes to court next monday I hope they give her a hefty fine and forbid her to own anymore animals. The lady is only in her 40's so I know her age had nothing to do with the care of these 2 babies My grandma was 70 years old and owned 7 horses and they were VERY well tooken care of. There IS NO EXCUESS FOR ANIMAL CRULTY!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peanut

Here is a pic of the other little guy...
This is Peanut...

Were not sure what he is mixed with...when he came to us he was skin and bones and as you can see 3 weeks with us and WOW.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
HE looks like he is mixed with Parsons Terrier (formally jack Russel) I am so glad you are there to make a difference in some unwanted pets lives. It is very dis hearting to know that anyone could abuse a animal,child,or spouse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts