Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first gave Lily the pig ear she sniffed it all over but just left it for about 10 hours. Late last night she started chomping on it and first thing this morning she raced over to finish the job. I think she's possessed. :D

BTW, carpet pics are always black and white because the rug is so icky. I'm renting a steam cleaner tomorrow and hopefully it will look better when I'm done. :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They seem really safe - I mean, Lily rips off the tiniest shreds so I don't see swallowing to be an issue with the pig ears. I'm just hoping they don't give her diarrhea, as so many things do. She has a sensitive tummy and even a small amount of fat really does a job on her. Keeping fingers crossed because she doesn't like very many treats and I'd like to spoil her even more than I do. :lol:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
They seem really safe - I mean, Lily rips off the tiniest shreds so I don't see swallowing to be an issue with the pig ears. I'm just hoping they don't give her diarrhea, as so many things do. She has a sensitive tummy and even a small amount of fat really does a job on her. Keeping fingers crossed because she doesn't like very many treats and I'd like to spoil her even more than I do. :lol:
Stitch is fine with them and I think everyone remembers his sensitive tummy and pigs ears have always been fine with him he cant eat a lot of other treats tho. Hope all goes well :) if she's ok with them am I sensing she gets a regualar pigs ear :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Maybe she watched Cooper's instructional videos to figure out how to properly eat it?

Lily looks just as beautiful in black and white as she does in color. Of course, I can say that because I'm color blind. LOL

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
let me know how her tummy does on them, jumba has a real sensitive tummy and i haven't given him one cause of it.

lily looks adorable in black and white!

and i've been thinking of renting a steam cleaner too so let me know how that worked for you and what you use to do the job....

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
BTW, carpet pics are always black and white because the rug is so icky. I'm renting a steam cleaner tomorrow and hopefully it will look better when I'm done.
My carpet is Nasty looking too!

Lily, I was already about to complain about your pics being B&W to your Mother, but luckily there was an excuse! You're very cute either way! :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I always figured nasty carpets came with the territory if you have a dog or two ... or three... or four. :lol: Hmmm... maybe I should vacuum....

·
Registered
534 Posts
I love looking at Lily...she's such a beauty.

BTW...when we remodled this home....I insisted we have all hard floors, I havnt got a trace of carpet anywhere. Now the cats and dogs can pee, poop, puke anywhere and I can clean it up in a snap!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Cooper said:
I always figured nasty carpets came with the territory if you have a dog or two ... or three... or four. :lol: Hmmm... maybe I should vacuum....
Yup! Britney and Butterfly looove leaving their little gifts in my room! :D I'm the lucky winner 8)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Lily looks like she is really enjoying her treat...I must admit I have never bought a pig's ear, only because the thought of it makes me ill to think of my delicate Bella eating such a thing LOL ( I just cleaned up 3 piles of vomit...Bella likes eating grass and other nameless items around the riverbank and it's covered in frog froth )

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Lovely Lily really looks like she's enjoying that! :lol: I buy sheep's ears for mine, they're a lot smaller. The pig's ears they have here are so big and Minx only manages to nibble the edges of the sheep's ears even but Brooke will eat one easily. :wave:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's the verdict on the pig ear: it did NOT cause upset tummy or diarrhea. I only let her have about half over a 2 day period but there were no ill effects at all. If I can find the pig ear strips, I'll buy some of those too.

As for the rug... I am renting a steam cleaner this week, just not today. I have the whole week off and I have nothing planned except housework and baking (apple crisp and pumpkin pound cake with maple glaze). I'll probably do some reading and catch up on my movie watching as well. I have no money to go anywhere fun and besides, the weather is going to be hideous all week. I might just as well stay home, get some stuff done and relax. That actually sounds like a great vacation to me after some stressful times lately. :lol:

I plan to replace all my flooring with laminate (and tile in the kitchen and bathrooms). What I spend on Lily's daycare in one year will pay for it. Then I'll get a 2nd chi and leave them both home to do as they please to my chi-proof floors. That's probably a good year or so off, so I need to do something about these rugs now.

BTW, Lily will be in daycare all week - I'm such a sucker for her pitiful face, I get nothing done when she's here. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts