Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stopped to pick Lily up from daycare this afternoon, they couldn't wait to tell me a Lily story. The owner and the kids (teenagers) who work there just adore her and they get so excited whenever they have a cute Lily story to tell me. :lol:

Lily's two best friends are a pair of tiny maltese brothers (Jackson and Leo) and these boys are being boarded at the daycare while their people are on vacation. Anyway, it was time for the boys to have their breakfast so one of the kids put down 2 bowls of food. Lily had already eaten her dry food but she decided theirs smelled soooo good, she just had to have some. She pushed Jackson out of the way and growled at him when he tried to finish his own meal. As the daycare owner said, "We didn't even think Lily had a growl mechanism in her." :lol:

I just love it when Lily asserts herself because she so rarely does. And she has never been the least bit food aggressive. I think this particular food just unleashed the animal in her. :lol: They gave me a can of what the boys had been eating. It's made by Merrick and it's called "Thanksgiving Day Dinner" with (I swear) turkey, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans and granny smith apples. I'm tempted to sample it myself. :lol:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
That is so funny! I know exactly how you feel. I always feel so proud of Annbelle on the few times she decides to assert herself with Cody and Callie. :wink:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think asserting yourself is good for the soul. The thing about these two maltese boys is that each of them was "mothered" by Lily when they first started at daycare. She's used to being the alpha around them but she has never growled at either one. I think that turkey dinner just made her crazy. :lol:

BTW, I've given a disposable camera to the daycare and they're in the process of taking pics of Lily and her friends. I'm sure there will be some of Jackson and Leo. They are so cute you could just scream. :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Thanks for posting about the food Lilly's mommy! :lol:

I went to the website and the foods look awesome...they even have a puppy formula! I'm going to go the Petshop tommorrow, cuz they sell it there

http://www.merrickpetcare.com/

I put the website link if anybody else is interested...it's all natural...I figure if Giz likes it, I will give it to him as a treat! :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I checked out that website and the stuff looks great. I thought Merrick made only canned food but they have a whole line of dry too. I'm so tempted to buy a bag for Lily. I mean, she likes the Royal Canin but I still have to coax her to eat it. I sure wish they sold small sample bags so I could see which one she likes best. :?

Who am I kidding?? I know perfectly well I'm going to buy a bag for her. :lol: The shipping is free so it's just a question of which flavor. I'll let you guys know how she likes it.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
LMAO!! That's funny! I would advice against eating it yourself though lol I tried some of Linas cookie (I got it at a bakery for dogs) and it was...icky lol I couldn't help it though...it looked like it might have been yummy and she just loves them lol

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
hhehe sounds yummy :D i would growl too ..........

it's almost as if you are talking about a toddler :lol: ,daycare with her little friends having breakfast ....that sounds sooo cute .

kisses nat

·
Registered
538 Posts
Awwww....you go Lily. That food does sound good. I'll have to check into that for Taco. He's on Royal Canin now, but sometimes he refuses to eat that too.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
the one called wing a ling was almost eaten by my co-worker at the animal hospital. it was when chiwi wasn't eating, a co worker gave me a can and i put it in a tupperware container and had it in the fridge well another co-worker said mandy is that your food i said um not really and she was like oh whose is it i want some lol i told her to ask chiwi lol! it has a real deal chicken wing on the bone in the can along with all the veggies. it smells like real people food too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts