Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I talked to our vet today about Lily's test results. The lab shows that it is sarcoma but not sure which kind.

Lily will have blood work today to see if she's able to have surgery on Thursday to remove the lump.

The lump will be sent to a pathologist and we will find out more about the lump and whether it was all removed.

The doctor did discuss with me vaccine related sarcomas. I hope that's not what it is.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm sorry. :( Best of luck if she has surgery on Thursday, I will keep Lily in my thoughts. x

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh no, I am so sorry, I hope it is something you can nip in the bud quickly, she is young and strong and healthy and has been well cared for, I pray it won't be too traumatic and she will be on the mend before you know it...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're back from getting Lily's blood work done. She has a soft tissue sarcoma. It will be removed on Thursday and sent to a lab. The lab will let us know if it was all removed or not.

I'm very thankful that we purchased pet insurance as this is going to cost a pretty penny before it's all over.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I hate to hear this!!! I hope it isn't vaccine related. Can they tell that when they test it? I'm not sure.

I'm glad she is getting it removed. What a worry. I will be thinking of you!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate to hear this!!! I hope it isn't vaccine related. Can they tell that when they test it? I'm not sure.

I'm glad she is getting it removed. What a worry. I will be thinking of you!
Yes, they will know.

She's only had her puppy shots and the one-year booster.

We have already decided no more vaxes (we decided that before this incident) except for the Rabies. I'm going to be reading the laws to see if she can be exempted out of it via titers or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts