Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vet called and said that Lily is in recovery and everything went well.

I'll be updating this thread with more once she gets home and maybe pics.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So glad that all went well! I know you must be so relieved. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So happy to hear her surgery is over. Now she can just heal. :)

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
So glad she is doing good.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lily's been home for a little while now.

The surgery went well. She's pretty drugged up now so she's resting in her cage. They had to take more tissue than expected so the incision site is pretty gruesome.

She ate a tiny, tiny bit earlier. We also let he out of the cage to potty but she didn't go. We are going to try one more time before bed.

She's on a fentenyl patch for pain and then every morning she gets a dose of metacam.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Caution: Includes pictures of incision

Lily seems to be recovering well. The incision looks good- no swelling or draining. We just took her to the vet because she needed more pain medications until the fentenyl patch really kicks in. She now resting in a laundry basket at my feet.

Here's some pictures of my Lily baby:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Yikes! that is a huge incision, I hope it heals quickly and there isn't further surgery required. Keep us updated, she's in our thoughts.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yikes! that is a huge incision, I hope it heals quickly and there isn't further surgery required. Keep us updated, she's in our thoughts.
They had to take almost twice as much tissue as they expected. It's cut in a circle so that's why it looks all funny but the vet assured us that it will look normal after it heals.

She went in for a re-check today and got some more pains. She goes back on Thursday for another re-check.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts