Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we went back to the animal hospital for a follow-up to her dental surgery 3 weeks ago. Lily got a clean bill of health on her recovery and the vet was extremely pleased at our recent accomplishments in dental hygiene. Lily actually makes it easy now for me to brush her teeth every night. I no longer have to put her in a headlock to keep her head still while I brush and she even curls her upper lip on each side to give me access to her teeth. :lol:

Of course, it helps that she knows she's getting one of her all-time favorite treats afterwards, cheese. Her current favorite is Port Salut, a slightly nutty semi-soft cheese which she highly recommends. :D

And best of all, Lily is eating almost entirely dry food now, breakfast and dinner. I still have to sprinkle a few drops of cream on the pellets, just enough to lure her to the bowl. The pellets remain totally crunchy.

Yay for Lily being such a good girl!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm so proud of you Lily!! Could you recommend a good wine to go with that cheese ??? :wink: I must confess I don't brush the boys teeth :oops:

sandra

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yippp-ppeee for Lily! Brush Brush Brush :D

I need someone to teach me how to put Frasier in one of those headlocks. My last two dogs weighed 25 lbs. I could wrestle them down and even lay on them if need be for tooth brushing and ear cleaning or whatever.

Frasier weighs less than a third of what they did and wiggles like a snake. I'm afraid to hold him down forcefully. He'd yank 'till his head popped off in a headlock. He's hard-headed (no pun intended). :D

I'd like to see a picture of little Lily in a headlock. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts