Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
sjc said:
:cry: I have a lump in my throat just reading that story! But, it sure does have a Happy Ending. I wish there were stiffer laws for these horrible people who run these "Puppy Mills". I'm like you Rachael I would not even allow myself to think about Lillys past. She sure had a great life now and deserves every bit of it...and more!! :D
ME 2! wow, im teary eyed! :oops:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing your story about Lily and the wonderful bond you two have. Lily is so lucky to have you and I can tell she brings so much joy to your life. It's always wonderful to read stories related to puppy mills that have a happy ending. Thanks again for sharing your story. :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
That story certainly does bring tears to my eyes and you tell it so beautifully Rachael. Lily definitely is a special little Angel and she's so lucky to have you for her special Mommy and we all know you feel the same about her. :love9:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I love Lilly she has the best face :)
what a brave little girl she is , Bless her ..

Rachael , I can tell just how much you love your little lilly
and what a wonderful friendship you two share xxx

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thank you all for your kind words, as always. It's been quite a journey with Lily and I feel so blessed to be her mommy. It's true that I love her to bits and we are so made for each other, but I know all of you feel exactly the same about your own chi's. They are just so darn easy to love. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Rachael, I just read Gracie's story for the second time, and again it made me cry.

Just have to tell you this - it is such a coincidence. I used to sing "you are my sunshine" to my Tia, too. And like you, I sang it to her when we made our last trip to the vet's to have her put to sleep. She was laying on a towel on my lap, too weak to move or lift her head, but she could still look at me with such love and trust in her eyes. And I sang it to her as I watched the life leave those eyes, then she shut them, took one last breath and went to sleep forever.

Folks, if you haven't read Gracie's story yet, read it on her Dogster page - but be prepared with plenty of tissues!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
chimom said:
Just have to tell you this - it is such a coincidence. I used to sing "you are my sunshine" to my Tia, too. And like you, I sang it to her when we made our last trip to the vet's to have her put to sleep. She was laying on a towel on my lap, too weak to move or lift her head, but she could still look at me with such love and trust in her eyes. And I sang it to her as I watched the life leave those eyes, then she shut them, took one last breath and went to sleep forever.
Thanks for sharing that with us. I know it wasn't so long ago so the pain is probably still fresh for you too. Every now and then I think about singing that song to Lily but I just can't. It's Gracie's song and I can't take it away from her. I'd be curious to know if you ever sing it to Jasmine or if you feel like it belongs to Tia. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
No, Rach, I don't. I just can't - I choke up even thinking about that song. And like you, I feel it was something special I shared with Tia. It hasn't been that long since Tia went to the bridge, and yes, it is still painful, but I try to remember only the happy times.

Jasmine has helped so much - I don't know how I would have gotten through it without her. Thank God for a grand-daughter who absolutely would not take "no" for an answer about getting me a puppy for Christmas!! LOL

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i used to sing a song to my pit and it still gets me all teary eyed when i hear it, even though i'm unsure if freeze is alive. when i signed him over to rehome him i made a long list of things he liked, didn't like, medical records ect and i added that he liked to hear that song being sung to him. i hope that whoever adopted him took that list serious enough to sing to him. i also had a made up song i would sing to tasha bird and sometimes when i feel a strong presense i sing it and chiwi comes running over and lays on my chest and her eyes look real watery and looks like she is crying a little.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
What a wonderful story Rachael. I don't think I'll ever understand why someone would treat an animal that has so much love to give like that. It just breaks my heart! Your story and chimom's story brings tears to my eyes - and I'm at work darn it! :wink: Thank you for sharing and for giving Lily a second chance. :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts