Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Poor Lincoln is sick with the itchy scratchies. I noticed he had bumps all over his body and some were scabbing, so we took him in and the poor thing is suffering because he loves the water! Apparently water gets trapped under his thick coat and then he gets bacterial infections. He's on antibiotics, medicated baths (which he looooves) and anti itch medication.

Which has gotten me thinking...I wonder when it will be time to give Bijoux her first bath..with lincoln is was when he rolled in the mud and came out a chocolate lab...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Golden retrievers are notorious for the itchies...

We used to raise them, and adding olive oil to their dry food and using Avon Skin So Soft on the 'hot spots' helped tremendously.

My son has a beautiful Golden Doodle, and it looks like she has taken after the retriever with her skin issues more than the poodle. He's had great success with the olive oil alone.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Golden retrievers are notorious for the itchies...

We used to raise them, and adding olive oil to their dry food and using Avon Skin So Soft on the 'hot spots' helped tremendously.

My son has a beautiful Golden Doodle, and it looks like she has taken after the retriever with her skin issues more than the poodle. He's had great success with the olive oil alone.
Thats such a great idea I'm going to try that right away especially since it's summer!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi sorry to hear about the itches hope hes fin esoon the olive oil and skin so soft sounds like a good idea hell smell nice with avon skin so soft

1 - 8 of 8 Posts