Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what is up with him. Last night I got ready to take them on a walk and put on his harness. He went to his crate and growled when I tried to pick him up, so I left him and took Penny on a walk. My grandma said he sat in his crate for 4 hours yesterday while I was in class( The door was open) and only came out once for a treat. When I got home, he went out to potty twice but then sat in his crate for the rest of the day.

I took them out for a walk before school this morning. He walked two blocks and then turned around and wanted to go home.

He is eating fine, going to the bathroom like normal, chewing on his bully sticks, and was following my grandma around for treats this morning. He normally loves walks- we walk 2-3 times per day for 30 minutes each. The only change I can think of is the weather. It is in the high 90's this week. Is it possible he is feeling tired because of the heat, or could something else be going on?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Sounds like he is not feeling well. He may be sore someplace.

I had a cockapoo that had lyme disease, I didn't know it, but he would growl if you bumped up against him. Once we found out what it was, he was treated and was fine! Back to his old self. I hadn't even seen a tick on him! Or at least that I could connect with.

But, someone else may have a suggestion as to what it could be.

Hope he pops back soon!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
How was the weather that day? I don't have a growling issue with mine, but when a storm isi brewing, Mr Finn will NOT leave his kennel.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'll bet it's the weather! A few of my crew are super sensitive to anything environmental. At our last house we didn't have air conditioning, just fans; now that we have AC (and we only use it on those 90+ days) we are able to maintain a temp in the house and everyone seems happier! Kahlua even has her spot under the couch that she crawls in when she wants a time out. As long as he continues eating and pottying well, I'd just keep monitoring him for any further change. =) Give the lil man a pat on the head for me! Best wishes.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it may just be the weather. We don't have 90+ degree days very often here, so it may just be uncomfortable for him.. It sure is for me! He is still eating fine so I will just keep an eye on him for now.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Have you tried feeling all over his body to see if he's sore somewhere? Sometimes when I play with Midgie in the front yard & pretend I'm going to get her, she'll run around the yard full blast. This makes her muscles sore from the exercise she doesn't get on a regular basis. Sounds like he might be sore or have sore muscles. If you're walking him 3 times a day for an hour & a half, his muscles must be sore. Might want to cut the walking time down a little bit til he gets over the soreness.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is possible, but we have been walking that much for pretty much his whole life. He does like to do the zoomies in the yard though, so maybe he pulled a muscle doing that? Either way, we aren't walking as much now that it is so hot because we can only walk early in the morning or at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts