Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for this topic on a day that is christmas (may it be a good one for all of you)

Klein will be 4 months january 1st and has had the bad habit of "hoovering" up his poop occasionally when im not quick enough to pick it up.

thats what he did tonight and has since then vomited a few drops of liquid (completely liquid like water) that smell of his poop which is obviously very strong smelling :sign11:

after his 3rd time of tiny vomit he decided to lie in his bed. i put his usual hot water bottle which seemed to have calmed him down but he is now again tossing and turning... not sure what to do... everyone i ask seems to tell me that it is totally normal for chis to eat their poop? :confused:

anyone experienced this? suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's not uncommon I don't have any experience personally, look through some of the older threads there are a few on this subject with some good advice.

And Merry Christmas to you too.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I had three that ate poop all the time. I stopped them by puting pineapple juice over their food, it makes it taste bad, though you and I would think just being poop, it should taste bad. lol Why he's vomiting, I don't know. But dogs do vomit occasionally for whatever reason. Most of the time I have no idea why. It doesn't sound like he needs to see a vet, just keep an eye on him. If it gets worse or bloody, do take him in to see a vet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ive never had a chihuahua that ate poop, but I have a few poodles that do. One eats so much that she gets sick as a dog! She pukes and squirts the stinkinest bunch of "pudding' you ever saw and smelled. I give her pepcid AC, and or Slippery Elm syrup, or metronidazole. I may try the pineapple juice. I know everybody says they are just dogs and dogs eat poop, but I just cant stand the thought of it. Even some of my boys eat their own poop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks so much for the suggestions!!
he seems fine today but i will try that pineapple juice for sure and see how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts