Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who havent read my other posts, Lito is my puppy chi who I got about 3 weeks ago, 5 days after he was in his new home he came down with a serious case of pneumonia he was in the hospital for about 2 weeks and at one point they didnt expect him to pull through. He fought like a little soldier and now he is finally home again with just a little sniffle. He still has to get the remaining fluid out of his lungs but he is progressing very well. I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and I will keep you guys all updated and hopefully he has kicked this thing completely... I would also like to warn everyone who is thinking about purchasing a new chi to please do your research on the breeder, because not only was this a stressful experience it was a very costly one..

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hurray Lito! Way to go buddy!

Get lots of rest, eat lots and be all better real soon!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Good for you Lito!!! :D

Good advice too Joepa. It's a shame that you and Lito had to go through this. :(

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
:hello1: Thats awesome!!! I am so glad he pulled through. I was just thinking about how he was doing! He is so lucky to have you as his owner!!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That's great news! :p I'm sure little Lito will completely recover.

My Tucker was a rescue puppy, so I had no idea what I was getting into. He had Parvo at about 7 weeks of age, and spent 8 days at the vet hospital. A couple of months later, he got Red Mange (Demodex). It's not contagious to other pets or people, but can be difficult to treat. After weeks of dipping we finally got through that. Then Tucker slipped off my husband's recliner, injured his knee, and went through 3 knee surgeries in a month. All of this occured from March to December 2004. We're looking for a better year in 2005! :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
good advice. i'm sorry you had to go through this... it's also good to look for a breeder that will guarantee health for x amount of time. i know a few of them that only guarantee it for the first week to month but within that time respiratory infections, mange, worms etc can be picked up on the first visit to the vet. which we recommend getting the first check up within 24-48 hours of bringing your new member of the family home.

soooo glad he pulled through! just goes to show that these little guys aren't as fragile as some might think :toothy7:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts