Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have their chi litter box trained? We have two cats, and since Nina has discovered their box, when she poos in the house, she poos right by their box. I am wondering if ths means she is a good candidate for litter box training. She does go outside, but she is prone to accidents, and will refuse to go out if it is raining or snow or extremely cold. The litter box seems a good solution for those times.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
That's interesting :lol: I have 2 cats also and mine have never pooped by it. I wonder if she thinks that's where she shoulg go. The only thing my 2 pups do by the litter is look for treats :pukeright:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
KJsChihuahuas said:
The only thing my 2 pups do by the litter is look for treats

·
Registered
675 Posts
im planning on litter training my chi... you're already part way there with her going by the tray so with a little training she should know what to do

·
Registered
549 Posts
All 8, yes 8, of my chis are litter box trained. When I first read about litter box training a dog, I was like, yeah right. Well, I got my first chi and decided to try it.
I have the purina dog litter pans, but I do not use the purina dog litter pellets, mostly because they are just too expensive. I have tried a number of different types of litter on the market, from clay to pellets. They cat litter pellets seem to be the best, and then there are better ones among those. Lately, I have used a brand called Kitty Pine and it seems to be great. Controls the odor, it biodegradable, the dogs like it, it is easy to clean up, etc.
Since I have litter boxes for all, when I had a litter of puppies and mom used a litter box, they trained themselves to use the box. It was great. And I did not have to use the pee pads for any length of time. When the pee pads became the play toys to shred, then they were gone and the litter box was the only option.
But they all do great, would rather clean a litter box, than finding the evidence all over the house. And the chis seem to like it, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts