Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard that some will use the litter box and I was wondering if anyone here has a dog that does? My baby will only be 3.5 fully grown so maybe the litter box would be better. The only thing is I have three cats and that might be stepping on their toes. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i did try this with keona but she would also dig in it which made a huge mess maybe try a pee pad in a litter tray instead of litter ? that might also deter the cats from using it as well

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i did try this with keona but she would also dig in it which made a huge mess maybe try a pee pad in a litter tray instead of litter ? that might also deter the cats from using it as well

That's a good idea!

Good luck with our little one using the LitterBox or should I say "Pee Pad Box" lol :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Some Chi's do not like to urinate and poo in the same place and Yoshi was one of these. I used a litter box for poo and a pee pad for urine when he was younger. The litter box was great when we traveled, esp. before he got his full set of vaccinations. We had a small litter box we would carry in the car and he would potty in that if he needed to go and then we would just dump it and add more litter. He eventually upgraded to pee pads only :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey uses a litter box. We had her pad trained but she wasn't ever 100% with it, and Ziva the Min Pin who came from a petstore (I rescued her from the people who bought her) was getting confused so was peeing/pooping on carpet/blankets etc so we chose to go the the litterbox method. How I did it was they were in small crates with no blankets etc (Zoey had one as she was fine with it) then I would take them out periodically and put them in a box that had the litterbox in it so they didn't have any choice but to use the litterbox, if they went then they could have some free time, if they didn't go they got put back in the crate for a while until they would go. It worked great, both of them are now about 95% litter trained, Ziva was only about 25-30% pad trained.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Both mine use pee pads..
I tryed them with a little box not so long ago just to see if they liked it and thought it might be cleaner but the girls hated it! they done thier buisness right next to it! so out goes the little box and back comes the pee pads! Its so much easier for us being in a top floor apartment and its very cold and windy here at the moment, my girls hate the cold! they wud just shiver and want to go back inside! Good luck with what ever you choose x

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I use this.
Home Page
It's a grass litterbox. Peach took to it immediately. Bruiser is older and doesn't like it. So it goes.
But it is super easy to deal with.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I use this.
Home Page
It's a grass litterbox. Peach took to it immediately. Bruiser is older and doesn't like it. So it goes.
But it is super easy to deal with.
This is sooo cool!! its a great idea!! just curious how u clean it? does the grass bit smell of urine? i read it soaks down to a tray that u take out and clean! such a cool little gadget! not seen these b4! :D

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I use a pee pad in a tray for my chi puppy Calleigh. Pedro just uses a pee pad on the floor. You just throw the pee pads away after they use it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts