Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few articles on Littermate Syndrome in the past and know that getting two puppies from the same litter has the possibility of presenting some problems. My case is a bit different, but I am still wondering if litter mate syndrome or other behavioral problems may arise... Today I learned that a 9-week-old female lab puppy might be coming to live with us, although we won't know for sure until a few more days. Percy is about 15 weeks old now, and of corse, a totally different breed of dog, but I am still wondering if there is a likely possibility of them bonding in an unhealthy/obsessive way since they would both be puppies.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I got Chloe at 8 weeks when Ax was 17 weeks old (they share the same dad too) and never had any of the issues people report from having true litter mates. They love each other but aren't co-dependant, they do fine when seperated for vet appointments etc and will often be off doing things seperately at different ends of the house. Chloe is much more shy than Ax but we could tell that from day one when we visited her at the breeder, I definitely don't think it's because he dominated her. Ax is happy to play with any other dog and pretty much ignores Chloe when he has the opportunity to do so, Chloe is a bit fearful of other dogs but has been getting better lately as she's matured.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts