Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor baby boy. :( The stress from the house renovations has his tummy all upset. He has such a sensitive tummy to begin with, and the guys in and out working on the house, and everything everywhere is just making him very stressed. Monday evening he got diarrhea. I immediately started him on his meds, Tuesday he started throwing up, so I added a med in for that. This morning he wasn't getting any better, so I took him to see the vet. He wouldn't eat his dinner yesterday, so he is dehydrated. They gave him sub-q fluids at the vet’s office. If he doesn't start showing marked improvement and eating by tomorrow he'll have to stay in the hospital until they can get him back on track. :( He just sleeps all day. It makes me so sad to see him like this. It scares me because he has had HGE, and stress is one of the things that they suspect can cause it. The renovations won't be done for about 2 weeks. Right before Thanksgiving. I may have to start taking the pups over to a friends during the day until they get this stuff done. I worry the girls will also get this mess. :/

My sick little Angel after his vet visit today.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Awww. Poor Chance. I hope he feels better. We are just rearranging the house right now and the dogs are all weirded out, I can imagine your house with strange people and noises.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Poor sweetheart. Tummy troubles are scary and with what you have been through already with them I know you must be extra edgy. Sure will be praying that the little guy bounces back soon.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Sorry your baby is sick. I'll keep him in my thoughts, hope he feels better soon!
HUGS

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ladies! I'm worried about him. :(

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sorry to hear that T. I hope he's feeling better soon.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all. I gave him his evening meds, and he threw them up. :/

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Bless his little angel heart! Mine stress out when I rearrange the furniture, so I cannot imagine what they would do if something major were going on.

I hope he feels better soon!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Prayers for the little guy! I'm sure your vet asked you this, but is there any chance he got into something? (What kind of remodeling is being done), tape and texture materials or paint, or eating a bit of baseboard, licking a bit of undried dap? If he keeps vomiting he'll probably need more sub-q fluids in the morning. I always keep a jar of human chicken baby food in the house for my dogs. If he doesn't vomit in several hours you could try just a teensy little bit of this off your finger. It's extremely bland, but it'll give him a few calories.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so much ladies.

They can't get into anything. All trash is kept put up, doors to all rooms and bathrooms kept closed, etc. The remodeling is quite extensive, but the pups are gated off daily from any and all work being done. I go in behind the guys after they leave and clean everything thoroughly before taking the gate down. Call me neurotic, but I even sweep my floors all throughout the day to avoid them getting crumbs from the kitchen floor, and eating areas. They are never fed any food other than their own. Chance and Jade will eat any crumb they can find, but I have never seen any of them attempt to eat odd things, unless you count Jade eating bugs. Lol The vet and I both agree that its stress related. They aren't used to this much activity, strangers in and out, banging, things being moved back and forth, etc. I can only imagine the stress they are under; it's quite stressful even on my family. :/ I just pray that the girls don't come down with it too.

If he keeps vomiting and not eating, they are going to admit him to stay overnight or so. :( I have tried baby food (Beechnut Chicken). He won't even touch it.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Awww poor little guy. It is so hard when they can't tell you what's wrong. I hope tomorrow is a better day! Hugs from us...

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am sorry to hear your little guy isn't feeling so well.
Perhaps it is better to bring everyone to a friends house until the renovation is done. I know renovations are not only stressful for humans but animals as well.
And perhaps a little doggy vacation is what the dr prescribes (after he is back on track).

He is in our prayers tonight.
:hugs:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that, hun. Sending get well soon wishes for Chance. I hope he feels better soon. Give him a kiss for me. :(

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all. I'm so worried about him.

I think we all need a vacation. I'm wondering if this house renovation stuff is worth the stress. :/

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'm worried about the little fella. :( Please keep us posted on how he does. Take care.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Poor Chance!

It's crazy how sensitive these little guys are to change/stress.
I hope those reno's get done soon! I know how frustrating they are first hand.
Kisses and hugs and healing wishes to Chance.

Poor muffin :(

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
So sorry to hear this, bless his little heart! Sending prayers!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts