Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Sophie now 18 days old......we are handrearing this little one because mum rejected her......18 days old now and seems to be going well.....very hard work and very stressful and not to be recommended lol x

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Wow, kudos to you and she's looking the picture of health!

Oh, you stole the name that friends are all calling me lately, a great user ID indeed and what you're doing now is testimony to it :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
She's precious. :) I wish you & her all the best. Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thankyou for all your well wishes she is so stinking cute and we hope that everything continues to go well with her and we will continue to feed her and love her round the clock until she is independant of us.......and we both hope that time wont be too far away as we would really like to both go to bed on the same night lol x

·
Administrator
9,990 Posts
Too cute!

Just a warning there is a different almost special attachment to a dog or cat you have hand reared. I can't explain it but it is special. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
she is a little darling...I know how much work it is to hand raise a pup...so kudos to you, she will love you forever :eek:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My god she is so cute and so worth it I bet

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Wow ..it is sucha tough thing to do and so touch and go with the wee ones like her. she is fortunate to have you

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Sophie is truly adorable..Congratulations! It is a dedicated and wonderful thing you have done for this little girl.. I know you are so exhausted.. hugs to you, and prayers for little Sophie to continue to do so beautifully.. Deb

·
Banned
177 Posts
Very sweet.

I am currently hand rearing one pup from a litter of 3 as she isnt very well (FPS but fighting it)... she is too weak to have a bottle though.. luckily i have a very very very special friend who is helping as i couldnt do it on my own as we have to feed every hour.

Good Luck.. hope she continues to thrive for you

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very sweet.

I am currently hand rearing one pup from a litter of 3 as she isnt very well (FPS but fighting it)... she is too weak to have a bottle though.. luckily i have a very very very special friend who is helping as i couldnt do it on my own as we have to feed every hour.

Good Luck.. hope she continues to thrive for you
I hope your little one makes it too x x

·
Banned
177 Posts
I hope your little one makes it too x x
Thanks... She's got further than anyone thought and is now 200g and is 3 weeks tomorrow. She's half the size of her brothers and still v weak, can't really lift her head but gives it a good try and moves fast. Still tube feeding coz after 1ml out a syringe she gets too tired :( she's definately a fighter. Vet discharged her yesterday after daily appointments fingers crossed

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Mad Dog Woman and Kurukulla, both of you ladies are angels.
Keep up the good work and if you get a chance please update
us on how the pups progress. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts