Chihuahua People Forum banner

601 - 620 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wish I could that would be cool :) I know what you mean when I used to play guitar I couldnt have long nails. I have them super long normally called 'stiletto nails' but havent had them for a few weeks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
1. I am 1 of 6 children from both my mum and dad (they both have 6 children including me)
2. I am 17
3. I have 10 tattoo's, 1 being my name on my finger and another being one that goes from underneath my boob to above my pant line...
4. My uncle lives next door to me
5. I am obsessed with dog the bounty hunter
6. I live in th UK
7. I love cooking
8. I've trained as a chef
9. I've trained as a carer
10. I am learning to drive
11. I have been with my boyfriend solid for a year and a half.. and on and off for 6 years!
12. I dont go out to pubs or clubs (prefer to buy my boys treats!!:p)
13. Overall i think of myself as quite boring!! lol..

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
OK, here's me;
1. I am 41, but rarely admit it. (Have been told I look a lot younger)
2. I have never been married, and have been single for the past 10 years.
3. I live with my 17 year old daughter, Elysha. We are a lot like the Gilmore Girls :)
4. I keep, breed, show and judge cavies. (guinea pigs) We have had over 100 in the past, but only have about 25 now. My main breeds are black American cresteds (smooth black cavy with a white rosette on the head) and Self Dark Eyed Whites. Have had cavies all my life, since I was 4 years old.
5. I used to do talks with animals to schools and groups. I had a lot of exotic pets at the time; a skunk, Short-tailed opossums, African Pygmy hedgehogs, loads of exotic rodents (Duprasi, gophers, Mara, zebra mice, Gambian pouched rats, Pygmy mice, Harvest mice etc) various amphibians, snakes and lizards, and inverts. It was a bit like living in a zoo!
6. I make and sell jewellery.
7. When I was younger I had pink hair for about 5 years.
8. I have one tattoo (a celtic knotwork band on my arm) and the following piercings; 10 in my ears, 3 in my nose, my belly button and a labret. (between lower lip and chin) Although sometimes I don't wear any jewellery at all.
9. I drive a really tatty old car, it cost less than my Chi's lol
10. Elysha has kneecaps that dislocate (a human with LP!) so is often on crutches, and sometimes in a wheelchair :(
11. As well as the dogs and cavies we have a cat called Blue, a gopher called Hovis and a pair of Syrian hamsters, George and Millie.
12. I am allergic to molluscs.
13. George the hamster is currently loose in the house, as he escaped from his tank.
14. I never drink instant coffee, it doesn't taste like coffee, it just tastes brown.
15. i love to sing, I used to be in bands when I was a teenager.
16. I didn't go to University until I was 27.
17. I make collars, leads and harnesses for cats and dogs, plus matching jewellery and accessories.
18. I used to not like Toy breeds. I was always a big dog person, and working with dogs, (groomers, kennels) it was always the tinies that bit me. I am converted now, I can't see myself ever having anything other than Chihuahuas. :D
19. I love horses, and trained to be a riding instructor, but have never owned one of my own. It is my ambition to breed a foal and train it myself from day one.
20. I have 2 sisters, one older and one younger, and an 8 year old nephew and 3 year old niece.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ooh, me!! Me!

1. Um, I'm 29, sigh...the number 29 is so ugly, I'd rather be 30 twice. I think. Dh says probably not and that I should cherish my last year of 20's...though it's half over almost.
2. Dh is 5 1/2 years older than me. We met when I was 18 and I KNEW he was the man I was going to marry from the first instant I saw him.
3. We're Christian, I got saved when I was 19.
4. We've been married for almost 9 years! People told me I was insane to get married at 20, but I wish we would have gotten married sooner.
5. We have 4 kids and would welcome more if the Lord saw fit. They are 8 (boy), 5 (girl), 3 (boy), 1 (girl). They go *CHILL*, *stubborn*, *STUBBORN*, *chill*. I guess my boys are the extremes. My first almost never cried, and he's just always been a really good boy. My youngest son is a stinker! Thank goodness we had two others first, he would have scared us out of having anymore. lol
6. We homeschool. Love it. We do classical-ish style, based some on Charlotte Mason.
7. We are prayerfully considering being full-time missionaries someday in the nearish future. We'll see where God leads us on that, but my husband is absolutely fascinated with Russia and Ukraine.
8. We're really boring. Really, really boring. Our idea of a good night is watching tv/movies together after the kids are in bed. It works for us.
9. I've never been in a bar. I was 20 when my first son was born, and I just never wanted to be away from him. I'm a very attached Momma.
10. I don't work. I haven't since right before my first son was born. I also never finished college. I dropped out a few months before I got pregnant because I just wanted to be a mom and it seemed pointless to me to keep going to school and going into to debt to never use my degree. I couldn't decide on a degree anyway, and switched from high school drama teacher to biochemical engineer (really I just wanted to take more calculus) to high school english teacher in a matter of months. It just wasn't meant to be.
11. If I ever worked again, I'd probably be a midwife (after some schooling obviously). I'm in love with natural birth and have had 3 homebirths.
12. My dream is to buy a 12 or 15 passenger van and fill it with kids. Dh faints every time I bring it up. lol

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Been here a long time and not actually sure if I participated in this thread. Hmmm..

*I've only driven a car once in the past year. I hate driving and will avoid it at all costs now; but I LOVE car rides. It's not being in the car that weirds me out, it's being in control of it.

*My picture was in the Savage Garden Fanzine once.

*I have a lot of poetry published but don't really like it anymore LOL

*I want to be engaged and keep looking at opal and rose gold rings... not a diamond or yellow-gold girl myself. I prefer white gold or silver... but rose gold has become my exception to the rule... I WANT THIS RING!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
...here we go!

I am currently 29 years old.

Along with my Bear, I've got a cat named Butters, and 2 siberian chipmunks. The female chippie, Boogie, was actually in a UK mcdonalds commercial for the second Alvin & The Chipmunks movie!

My parents live 1500 miles away. They never let me visit because they're afraid I'll never leave!

I've been in a relationship for almost 4 years now. He is very abusive. I want to leave, but I am on a fixed income, and need to save money so I can leave the area. (fyi he does NOT abuse my animals)

I love trashy reality tv, which I recently re-discovered. I didn't watch television for 2 years prior!

I was born into a Jewish family. My grandmother (still alive) is a survivor of the holocaust. She was in Auschwitz.

I however am an Atheist. I think my dads a closet Atheist, but coming from an Orthodox Jewish family, he keeps it on the low :p

I have a older sister who is a functioning alcoholic. My parents are in denial.

My parents are rich, and I grew up extremely privileged. Now that I'm on my own, I struggle financially. My parents do help, but its still tough. I hate being almost 30 and broke.

I am left handed, although I can only use scissors with my right hand.

I love trash picking! I've found so much cool stuff that way!

I started driving again last year. I recently got different car. My previous car I bought for $700.

I do not drink, smoke cigs, or do any drugs. However, in my early 20's, I experimented with all three. I am extremely thankful that I never picked up an addiction!

I have no real friends where I live. I pretty much isolate at home.

My favorite band is Alice in Chains. I don't want children, but if I did, I'd name him/her Layne, after AIC's lead singer.

I sleep with my cell phone & Ipod every night.

I am diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Whenever I was sad as a kid, my mom would buy me a present to make me feel better. I am now a compulsive shopper.

I love Neil Degrasse Tyson & Penn Jillette. They are my heroes!

Sheldon Cooper is my favorite fictional television character.

I love old jars and bottles. My shelves are filled with all the ones I've collected!

I have an irrational fear of seafood and raw meat. Because of this, I eat alot of prepared foods.

Okay Bear is smothering me with kisses, so I'll end it here. Thanks for reading !

·
Registered
211 Posts
My legal name is Tina
I am 28 years old
I have a 15 year old sister.
I was in the United States Navy
I have Bipolar II disorder.
I prefer spending time with my Chi's over people.
Scratching noises irritate me.
Survivor of Childhood rape.
I also have Borderline Personality Disorder
I don't know my biological father, nor do I care to.
I was told when I was 18 years old that there was only a 50% chance I could have kids.
I have PCOS
I hate shopping.
I am a Tom Boy
Tyler was my first dog ever.
I was kicked out of Anger Management class for having an Anger problem.
I once lived in Okinawa, Japan
I was supposed to be a boy ... but apparantly the Doctors guessed wrong.
I'm addicted to Mountain Dew
I smoke Cigarette's
I failed 6th grade
I am really short
I have been the same height since I was 10 years old.
My grandfather named me as my mom didn't have a name picked out for me.
I hate popcorn & watermellon & hot dogs
I'm in the middle of a divorce
I plan on having only one kid, either biological or by adoption.
I live in upstate New York, Canada is a shorter drive for me then NYC.
I hate when the toilet paper roll is placed upside down.
People that say umm/like or anyword alot when they speak annoy me.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Hey Tina! I was supposed to be a boy too. But I popped out a girl lol go figure.

My name is Samantha
I was raised with 10 Siberian and Alaskan Huskies my dad used for dog sled racing and us kids enjoyed skijoring with.
My dad was a abusive guy and liked us kids much less than his dogs.
I am a muscian and have played with three bands in my life, One even toured.
I am the youngest of three
I suffer from OCD, PTSD and severe Anxiety but I am working through it.
I was raised in the country but have been a city girl for 9 years now.
I am 23 but look way younger. I was told recently that I looked no older than 14
I love painting/sketching and have sold pet portraits
I love books and have read over 500 cover to cover
I live in a pretty low class city
I took Culinary Arts for two years in high school and have loved cooking ever since.
I have a shoe addiction ranging from different colored converse-fancy high heels
I love fashion and I enjoy standing out when it comes to my clothes
I have asthma and allergies
I love movies and television
I am obsessed with music. Honestly I feel that losing my hearing would be worse than losing my sight.
I have worked with different animal rescues as a foster.
I worked at a local Riding School/stable all through my teen years
I love gardening and canning. I even keep a veggie garden in my current backyard
I rarely travel
I love Christmas and tend to start decorating around Halloween lo
I help care for my grandfather with alzheimers
I share a home with my 55 year old mother and we get along great.
My parents divorced when I was 15
I broke my ankle falling down two steps when I was 18
I love, love, LOVE to swim though rarely get to do so
I have two nephews (soon to be THREE!!) and one niece
I am constantly paint my nails and always am buying different colors of nail polish.
I play guitar, bass, piano, violin, and drums.
I sang and performed in show choir all four years of high school
I am painting a never ending mural on my bedroom wall
I don't drive. Anxiety attacks have made it hard to obtain a license.
I prefer the cold to the heat
I constantly fight with my hair which is neither curly nor straight
I tend to go on and on with lists lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hmm let's see

I'm 11
My name is Savannah
I hate monkeys.
I love rock music.
My favorite bands are Evanescence, Skillet and Three Days Grace
I hate screamo, rap and hip hop, and jazz music.
My fav tv shows are Victorious, iCarly.
I love anime.
I can't draw worth anything lol.
I am the only child.
I love video games.
My fav video game series is Legend of Zelda games.

Erm... that's about it. lol.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm 20 year old, but I'll be celebrating my 21st in a few weeks.
I'm a nursing student
I love horses. I currently own one and I love him to pieces.
I have one sister.
I'm not on good terms with my father.
Ketchup makes me gag.
I tend to lack confidence.
I was a band nerd in high school.
I'm very laid back about my appearance. I go nearly everyday in a ponytail and some old t-shirts and sweatpants.
I've lived in Texas my whole life - I wouldn't have it any other way.
Stella is my first dog. I had wanted one since I was young I'm very fortunate to have her!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I am 22 years old. My birthday is January 17.
I was born and raised in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area.
I am moving to North Carolina on Monday to attend law school.
I've wanted to be a lawyer since I was 7.
My sister is 19. She has cerebral palsy and epilepsy.
Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, and suicide run in my family.
My dad is a jerk that my mom refuses to divorce.
He used to be an alcoholic. He is emotionally abusive to all of us and has been physically abusive to my mom in the past.
My family is the epitome of disfunction.
I hate my grandmother. With very good reason.
My dog is my entire life.
I tend to be a loner. I have a few good friends but that's it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am a great grandmother in my early sixties.
Live in the Far North of New Zealand which is 1200 miles from Australia.
I live on a farm.
Love my Chihuahuas to bits as they are my best friends.
I love gardening, crafts, rural life and chilling out with friends.
Come from an army back ground and my grandsons are doing army training.
Have 1 daughter and 7 grandsons.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1) Im 28yrs old
2) Im half spanish/half sicilian
3) I am married to the most stubborn PR man in the world
4) He and I have one 2yr old
5) I have 3 step children 1 boy, 2 girls; 15, 12,9
6) I am a nurse
7) I graduated a year early from high school, cause I hated school
8) I have been rescuing animals since I was a teen
9) I have a cat w/ a version of down syndrome
10) I have one male cat that had a sex change operation and is now a female
11) Im a horrible speller so I always keep a dictionary handy
12) I work over nights cause im a diagnosed insomniac
13) I play several instruments, plus sing
14) I used to be a gymnast till I blew my knee out and crushed the lower half of my femur in a skiing accident
15) I LOVE weather, you could call me a weather nerd
16) I have broken several bones in my body, including my jaw, both arms, foot, and hand. Plus a couple more
17) I was shot w/ a bb gun as a kid and have a star shaped scar cause of it.
18) I drink entirely way to much coffee
19) I got my first tattoo at 14, and now i have 15
20) I used to have 22 piercings but now i am down to 12.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I spend a lot of my time with my Chihuahuas and am closer to them than to humans in my life and a wise lady told me that if my Chihuahuas do not like a person then I shouldn't either, as they can pick up on a bad human quicker than we can. So I support their judgement unconditionally on this.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ok, guess I'll bust in here:

I'm 29 going on 6, or 86, depending how you look at it. But I've been told by more than a few people that I have an "old soul"

I'm the youngest of 6, but I'm an only child

I was born on my middle sister's 7th birthday, and she's never forgiven me for it.

I'm an ex-PK, and I am fascinated by religions. I don't subscribe to any one of them.

All of my children are furry, and it will remain that way indefinitely. Currently I am Mom to 3 dogs, 4 chinchillas and a rabbit. Oh, and then there's my betta Finnegan -- he's not furry, but I love him anyway :D

I find it hilarious when people call me selfish for not having children... especially when I know that their kids were a result of "wanting to be loved unconditionally"

People tend to make the error of thinking that I'm shy when they first meet me. Many of them quickly learn however, that I just prefer to size up the situation and think before I speak -- a quality I find so rare these days.

I am severely irritated by chat-speak -- especially since I've seen kids use it to write papers for school.

I double majored in University - Psychology and Criminal Justice. I wanted to work with serial killers. I use to study profiles after school when I was in Sr. High. It really freaked my mom out.

Then I was sent down a completely different path and now I'm a massage therapist with my own practice, working mainly with people with idiopathic (undiagnosable) pain. I am also a holistic health coach.

I have a secret (not anymore! HA!) dream to be in Burlesque.

I am constantly watching for the time when I get to go somewhere new... I am dying to move out of the US. It seems like every time I start to work it out, it gets shut down by outside forces. One day, one day...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm 39 will be 40 January 28th. Been married since 1999. I've always had dogs, can't imagine not! When I lost my chocolate lab 2 years ago I said I'd never get another dog. Well I have two chi mixes now lol. We still have our yellow lab, he's 15 years old. I'm scared for the day he passes, it will hurt my husband so! He's my husbands first dog! I'm a Certified Nurse Aid but letting my license go so I can work our home business full time which I've been doing for past two years now. I have anxiety and OCD, they are pretty controlled but I have my moments. I am not completely happy with my self but I'm working on that! I'm a home body and only have a few close friends. I take what people say too personal, that's probly why I don't post much.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm new so I guess everything would be a little known fact. I'm 41, I'm married with three young step children and have never lived with my husband as we are long distance. We hope to fix that eventually. Last year for my big 4-0 I became engaged, a grandma, married, and moved all my stuff across country to my husbands house then came back to my house with only clothes and two dogs.
I have social issues and am probably addicted to the Internet.
I have two grown children and am pretty sure pets have been my replacement for people, including those empty next feelings.
I latch onto an idea or item and research it to death. Right now its chihuahuas as I think I want one. Last year it was Yorkies and I've now ruled those out. I do that for everything: cars, food, ideas, dreams, financials, I just have to know everything about everything.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't know any of you as I am new but your stories are so touching. It is incredibly brave of everyone to be so forthcoming.
I am 45 years old. I am a teacher and i love my job. My only child is my daughter who is away in her freshman year of college. She is my best friend in the world and I miss her terribly but she is very happy so that is all I could want.
I am married but pretty much we are more roommates than anything. Not sure I would go as far as friends. He made a lot if mistakes earlier in our marriage and when our daughter was little that I cannot forgive. Too much drinking led to some bad decisions and he was not very nice to live with. I stuck it out because I didn't want to send my daughter with him unsupervised because inwas afraid of his drinking that he would not use good judgement of not to drive with her in the car or something like that. He doesn't drink now and knows he was wrong but for me that doesn't erase the pain he caused.
I have a Maine coon cat, a border collie, and a chihuahua. The chi is only 7 months old. When my daughter brought him home in June I was not so sure it would work out but she had faith and we soon found he is a right gentleman (but a bit cheeky sometimes) and though I am a bc lover I am head over heels for this little guy. I belong to a bc forum and have "met" some great people there whileearning so much about the breed. I hope to find the same knowledge and maybe even a few friends here as well.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I don't know any of you as I am new but your stories are so touching. It is incredibly brave of everyone to be so forthcoming.
I am 45 years old. I am a teacher and i love my job. My only child is my daughter who is away in her freshman year of college. She is my best friend in the world and I miss her terribly but she is very happy so that is all I could want.
I am married but pretty much we are more roommates than anything. Not sure I would go as far as friends. He made a lot if mistakes earlier in our marriage and when our daughter was little that I cannot forgive. Too much drinking led to some bad decisions and he was not very nice to live with. I stuck it out because I didn't want to send my daughter with him unsupervised because inwas afraid of his drinking that he would not use good judgement of not to drive with her in the car or something like that. He doesn't drink now and knows he was wrong but for me that doesn't erase the pain he caused.
I have a Maine coon cat, a border collie, and a chihuahua. The chi is only 7 months old. When my daughter brought him home in June I was not so sure it would work out but she had faith and we soon found he is a right gentleman (but a bit cheeky sometimes) and though I am a bc lover I am head over heels for this little guy. I belong to a bc forum and have "met" some great people there whileearning so much about the breed. I hope to find the same knowledge and maybe even a few friends here as well.
Hi, I'm a teacher too! Teaching is a hard job but being married sounds like an even harder job haha. But im sorry to hear about your troubles

·
Registered
733 Posts
My name is Louise and I am 23 ( I think!) Sometimes I think 24 then sometimes I say I'm 19. :screwy: I'm a teacher in the East of England. I have one gorgeous baby called Alina and she's my 7.5 month old chi :beer:

I used to dance and teach it but have quit now as I'm always so tired from working!!! I recently bought a house and I moved in the very day I got my baby girl so I'll never forget that date! (2nd june).

I have a bf that I love to bits but my dad hates him so that's awkward :D but meh!

In general I am a very carefree and happy person!

Oh also, I keep fish!

601 - 620 of 628 Posts