Chihuahua People Forum banner

621 - 628 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My name is Nat, im 24 and a few months ago I started my own online business (inspired by my beautiful little dogs!!).

I also have Fibromyalgia, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Depression and was recently told I also have Hypermobility too! But before the age of around 20 I had not been to the doctor in years, and never been to a hospital - now I seem to spend half my time at various appointments!

My dog Shelby is named after my favorite singer in the world, Idina Menzel. Shelby is the character she played in Glee, and this character is a bit of a diva... just like my Shelby! I also had the best EVER luck of being in the right place at the right time earlier this year and actually got to meet this amazing lady as she was arriving at the stage door to rehearse for her her performance later that day - I got her autograph too!

And I play The Simpsons Tapped Out game far too much!!!

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
My name is Nat, im 24 and a few months ago I started my own online business (inspired by my beautiful little dogs!!).

I also have Fibromyalgia, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Depression and was recently told I also have Hypermobility too! But before the age of around 20 I had not been to the doctor in years, and never been to a hospital - now I seem to spend half my time at various appointments!

My dog Shelby is named after my favorite singer in the world, Idina Menzel. Shelby is the character she played in Glee, and this character is a bit of a diva... just like my Shelby! I also had the best EVER luck of being in the right place at the right time earlier this year and actually got to meet this amazing lady as she was arriving at the stage door to rehearse for her her performance later that day - I got her autograph too!

And I play The Simpsons Tapped Out game far too much!!!

Lol my sisters are addicted to that game. I tried it... Got far ... Broke my phone... Lost it all. I wasnt happy heheh

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'm Samantha, I'm 27 years old.

My parents divorced when I was six months old. My mom left me and my dad and didn't start seeing me again until she remarried two years later. So my dad basically raised me alone until he met my stepmom during my baby stages. My dad and I have always been very close.

I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and degenerative spine disease. I also have pcos and am anemic.

Jer and I have been together six years. We have an almost three year old son together. It was a real struggle, and we had actually given up on the thought of ever having children, but then we were suddenly blessed out of the blue. We've been trying for another, but I've miscarried twice this year, and we've been trying since Gabe was a month old. I've been slowing giving away our baby things and gabes cloth diapers and we plan to get a new chi puppy within the next year.

Jer is a trucker. I love him to death, but I think I'd murder him if he were home everyday lol. Seriously though, our relationship works so well with him only home on weekends. We never have the time to get on each other's nerves.

Aside from Gabe we also have two chis and two aquariums.

I am a nursing student. I am planning on also taking a few veterinary classes, and possibly completing that program as well. I'd honestly rather be a vet than a nurse, but there are more nursing jobs than vet jobs out there. If I graduate in veterinary technology, I would love to work with shelters and rescues.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
530 Posts
1. I'm a 20-year-old college student considering switching colleges into either a nursing program or a medical technician program. I was in a Registered Nursing program at my school for a short time, but I wasn't sure about it and had some trouble with some classes. I'm considering going for LPN and then going back for RN.

2. If I felt I had more of a choice financially, I'd either get a degree in English or Elementary Education. I've always had an interest in both literature and writing, and the courses I've taken thus far have really convinced me that I'd enjoy majoring in English. I can also see myself being a great teacher, but I've read a lot about how stressful teaching is nowadays.

3. I'm in a long-distance relationship with an amazing guy, and hopefully we'll be able to move in together in the next few years. He means everything to me.

4. I'm too introverted and have also always been nervous in social situations. I haven't even made any friends in college, yet, and this is my second year.

5. I'm really attached to Cuddles and have never been so attached to a dog before. She's like a baby to me, but she's probably spoiled a little too much :p.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi y'all.
I am military born, raised, joined an married. Husband will be medically retiring in 4 months. I know nothing about civilian life so it will be a sharp learning curve!
I've been married since may 98. Nobody said it would work an it was all a show. We knew each other exactly thirty days when we or married. Sometimes things are just ment to be.
We have 3 children. Two daughters and a son.
We have a hobby farm with goats, chickens, ducks. Some people have a hard time understanding we love this life. Comments about to many animals and neglecting our kids because we can't go on vacations. Our kids love this life too. Swimming in the pond. Chopping trees, we have found tools missing and hidden in the woods. Watching baby goats born. Playing with chicks. They are eager to tell you about their life too.
I've got plenty going on with me health wise. I just had surgery last month and am going back on the 14th. It has been a battle to get doctors to listen to me and actually find out what is wrong. This past year has been hard. The animals and my family have made it wonderful, free therapy every day.
I've traveled around the world except below the equator. Africa and Australia are two places I would love to visit. I love to try local cuisines. I wish I was rich enough to be able to go to the Michelin star restaurants but I do love mom and pop, hole in the wall places.
Semper Fi

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am 25 -

My first year university I opted out of living in a dorm so I could have my own pets and moved in my first apartment with my boyfriend (now husband) I quit university two years in and took a veterinary assistant course since I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, then became an esthetician - which I love. Got married young I was 20, and he was 25 - happily married still after 5 years. Both not sure if we want children but feel socially pressured to have them. I suffer from celiac disease. I'm an introvert and always have been - Scorpio sign which I believe has something to do with it - I choose a select few into my life. My husband is an extrovert with anxiety and depression - a rare combo! We have 2 cats, and 2 dogs (one a chihuahua, and the other a setter), and adding hopefully another chihuahua soon. Bought our first house last year and love our location and house! I am a huge clean freak and have been known to grab something out of a kitchen drawer last at night and decide the whole kitchen needs to be cleaned right then and now even of its past midnight.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
This is a good idea, kind of puts a story to the names.

So I'm married to Cindy, 26 years this past June

we have a beautiful daughter, 15 years old
We live in Niagara Falls Canada
We have three Chihuahuas
First girl we got was Hilton, she is our smallest and pretty much my wife's dog
Second was Ariel, more my dog
Last but not least is Bella, supposed to be my daughter Sara's dog but she is more mine.

My wife works for Carters Osh Kosh, kids clothing.
I work for the Government of Ontario

We have a pretty good life, loving the girls, we swim a lot in the pool, this year anyway. I coached competitive girls soccer for about 6 years which took up a lot of time, nearly 4 days a week with my team and I was also the director of girls soccer for a club and when I wasn't with my team I was developing the girls program. This year I decided to take a step back as I felt that it was time to start enjoying the summers so we put a pool in this year and we couldn't be happier.

Thats pretty much it, I come here everyday to seek new information about the pups, help anyone out if I can, post some funny stories and enjoy what the site has to offer.

621 - 628 of 628 Posts