Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!
Im new to this chihuahua forum, i recently got another chihuahua apart from the ones i have home however we dont know if hes really a chihuahua. We bought him as a teacup chihuahua. He weighs 1 pound 7 ounces and he is 4-5 weeks. Here is his picture if anyone knows more about this than i do. Took him to my vet and she said she cannot tell if he will be big or not but she said he can double by size in a week.
Need help!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
No such thing as a teacup chihuahua. Sorry. Chihuahuas weigh between 2-6 pounds. To be a teacup, they would have to be under 2 pounds. Not too many survive that are that small. You have an average chihuahua. He will get to be about 6 to 8 pounds. But, he’ll be such a joy and bright spot in your life!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello guys!
Im new to this chihuahua forum, i recently got another chihuahua apart from the ones i have home however we dont know if hes really a chihuahua. We bought him as a teacup chihuahua. He weighs 1 pound 7 ounces and he is 4-5 weeks. Here is his picture if anyone knows more about this than i do. Took him to my vet and she said she cannot tell if he will be big or not but she said he can double by size in a week.
Need help!
what a sweet baby. hard to tell how big he'll get, but to my eye he doesn't have the typical chihuahua face. perhaps he's a mix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what a sweet baby. hard to tell how big he'll get, but to my eye he doesn't have the typical chihuahua face. perhaps he's a mix?
I agree, his fur doesnt look chihuahua like and his face looks a bit bigger. Hopefully he wont be too big! Hehe ill still love him though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys!
Need help!
A reputable breeder would NEVERRRR let such a precious little one go at 4-5 weeks old, especially one that is under the standard AKC standard weight. In fact the smaller at birth and while with breeder, those typically will not leave until 12 weeks and anything thriving on target at about 9 weeks. Find out what his weight was at birth and what he should be charting at adult. That is the best estimate . I have 3 and two are @ 4.5 lbs grown and my pup, born 4 ounces charting at 4lbs full grown, if that gives you an idea.Mine right now is 17 weeks old and is 2.56lbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A reputable breeder would NEVERRRR let such a precious little one go at 4-5 weeks old, especially one that is under the standard AKC standard weight. In fact the smaller at birth and while with breeder, those typically will not leave until 12 weeks and anything thriving on target at about 9 weeks. Find out what his weight was at birth and what he should be charting at adult. That is the best estimate . I have 3 and two are @ 4.5 lbs grown and my pup, born 4 ounces charting at 4lbs full grown, if that gives you an idea.Mine right now is 17 weeks old and is 2.56lbs.
My vet said the same thing he was given to me too soon. I dont think he is teacup, i need to weigh him to see how big he will be.. he is growing big and fast haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My vet said the same thing he was given to me too soon. I dont think he is teacup, i need to weigh him to see how big he will be.. he is growing big and fast haha.
Check out the growing chart for chihuahas . Look at his weight and age now and it will give you a good estimate of his adult expected weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts