Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have been reduced to a perch...... and come this October , we will have one more member coming to our household. "Cosmo" - he is a Solomon Island Eclectus. This will then complete our pack and flock.... plus - there really is no more room on the living perch (me).......

Picture of Baby Cosmo

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I dont think they will get along.... Kiwi is aggressive towards other birds and does not like Emilee.... She is really sweet to humans and to our older chi (chico). Do to the size difference I will have to keep them separate or monitor them closely. Who knows.... she may like the new arrival. He will only be 4 1/2 months old (newly weened) so it is possible that they can accept one another. Also, Cosmo will be about 12 - 14 inches while Kiwi is about 6 inches in length. It will be interesting. I will certainly have my hands full training both Emilee and Cosmo.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
i am familiar with those birds but not whether they can talk or not, can they?

my dory is a meyers parrot and although she is able to talk she refuses too. she's really good at mimicking sounds though. every morning i'm not sure if it's my alarm clock or dory that i hear :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Eclectus species are noted to be excellent talkers. I am really hoping the Cosmo will learn speech. They suppose to rival with the Amazons and African Greys. One of my favarite videos on Youtube is the talking Eclectus
"Riley". Here is the link .... Choose the best bits. Watching this video was the final deciding factor choosing an Eclectus species (considered an African Grey, Hawns Macaw, Amazon).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=talking+eclectus+Riley&search=Search

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
lol that is so cute! i always thought it was so neat how the eclectus male and female have completely different colors.

my fav parrot of all time is an african grey :D if they had had a young one when i went to get dory i would have gotten it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts