Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sitting here trying to figure out how I will be able to get the new dogs here from the breeding farm and settled in. To get to MO is 23 hours. I plan to drive like crazy to get there, then sleep a bit, pick them up and drive for about 12 hours a day with night spent at a dog friendly place. (May not tell them just how many dogs will be sharing the room. lol) You think 12 hours a day is to long for them? I will bring the pen and put them in that at rest areas for them to pee rather than trying to get them all out on leashes. Gas is going to be outrageous. Going to need food and neutracal for the baby. And water. I was thinking lining the crates with torn newspaper, easier to clean messes.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Goodness arent they able to meet you part way? If they could even cut a three or four hours off your drive that would be a help. That sounds hellish! I think theyll be fine in the car that long provided you stop every 3 hours or so to give them a chance to potty and stretch out. Theyre used to much worse than a long car ride Im sure.
Remind me where in MO they are?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Can you convince a friend to go with you to share the driving and keep you company on that long trip?? That just sounds like way too much driving for one person!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My daughter is going. She doesn't drive, but she will keep me awake. Its our last road trip before she moves out 4 hours away to go to school.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thank you for rescuing them. I think they will be fine however you transport them home. take care of yourself on that long drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts