Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had a boy dog so I don't know if this is normal for girl dogs or not. Lola pees really often! And sometimes it is only a teeny tiny speck. I played with her and Bosco for 45 minutes before work this morning and she peed 4 or 5 times. Just little bitty drops except for 1 proper pee. Is this normal? Do you think maybe she has some kind of bladder infection? Shall I call the vet? Help!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I always think lilys wees look alot smaller more often and darker in colour than ozzys - so it might be a girl thing - is she drinking plenty ? you could always give the vet a ring to be on the safe side :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
is she getting up to pee alot while sleeping, I would think that if infection were present that she might be disturbed while sleeping and have to go? Just a thought perhaps.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would probably wait a bit and see.

Cross you fingers it's not... argh i forget the name is it submissive urination???? I had 2 diferent dogs with it during my rescue years. If you even act like you are going to pick the dog up or bend down and play with it it pees.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's definitely not submissive peeing...and you know, she doesn't seem to pee much when she is sleeping at night...maybe once a night and that is it. So who knows what it is?

She will have her next round of shots on Christmas Eve.. I'll plan on asking the vet about it then if it doesn't improve.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Maybe it is a girl thing. I find Kismet peepees alot. But she also drinks so much water. I'm really wondering if I should limit a bit b/c I always feel I need to take her out to use the bathroom. :roll: puppies! They are so time consuming :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Infection signs

I was told if they lick their peepee area a lot that is an indication of infection!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts