Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus' undercoat is now a very dark steel blue In places (she's technically a fawn sable but her sabeling is blue, however her pigment is black) anyway it really intrigues me how their coats change

This is it now at 6.5 months

It's not all over just places on her back, shoulders etc tip of tail part of tail ears and light sabeling on her head and a blueish muzzle

What do you think shell look like when her coat comes in?? I'm thinking and hoping shell have sabeling on her back I love sabel long coats think they look really flashy!!

Or do you think maybe it just makes her so called fawn (daisy is fawn sable too and totally a diff colour) blue fawn

Just interested especially from those with long coats

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I don't know Sarah,Lily changed such a lot she lost all her black face markings,looks nothing like she did as a puppy

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
from the pics looks like if you shave her she would have spots which changes the hair close to the body on those spots which is normal, She would be a blue fawn, if she would have kept some of the sabling she would be a blue sabled fawn. most likely she will have a fawn coat and blue features (muzzle and nose).
I thought Cali would loose most of her black sabling but almost a year old and she still has it on her body and tail.
these little dogs keep us guessing

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
i wonder if she might get some sabling come through ...B had none on his back as a pup and as his coat has come through now has black sabling - Twig was very sabled as a pup and now has none at all ..they do change alot

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cynthia I don't understand about the spots :s her colour isn't a normal fawn colour at all daisy is fawn lotus is a blue fawn but she has sabeling on her head tail and ears that blue patch goes all the way down the middle top part of her back! They confuse me

Chloe I hope so I adore sable dogs, daisys undercoat has always been the same colour as her top coat lotus' 'roots' are noticeably different I can't see her getting any lighter photos don't show her colour it's really funky

Her undercoat towards her tail is the same colour as the rest it's just on the top part of her back/shoulders

Ohhhh how exciting I'd do cartwheels if she had sabeling on her back bloody long coats they're so annoying

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yeah, I'd say she'll just have a bit of blue sable down her back. Pretty!! Mari is like that...most of the places she has a lighter undercoat (fawn) but on her back in the same place as Lotus she has chocolate sabling. LC's are so interesting & you just never know what you'll get when their adult coats come in!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm too inpatient people with smooths don't understand lol it's so stressful it's like what colour are you lol daisys head is diff colour to her back haha she's like a fawn and White with a sable tail and the fawn is like a brownish tinge who knowslol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts