Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,182 Posts
Jasmine has been shedding quite a bit also, but I think the worst part is over. She doesn't have really long hair all over either - at least not yet. It is fairly long around ears, neck, tail and I noticed a few days ago the hair on her belly is getting pretty long.

I was told by my breeder that not all long hair chis have a really full, long coat. Now, I don't know how true that is, as I'm not so sure she was all that knowledgeable. She also told me Jasmine was a deer head, and she certainly looks more like an apple head to me - Short nose, and apple dome. Not that it really matters to me anyway. Both of Jasmine's parents were on the premises, and their coats were fairly long, but not as thick and full as some I've seen.

Jasmine's hair color has also been changing some - more darker hair along her back, and her mask around the face seems to be getting darker also.

Guess we all just have to be patient to see how they will turn out.

· Registered
2,182 Posts
SunnyFLMum said:
We need to post regular pics, so as they get older we can compare their changing coats! :wave:
Yeah, I know. I'm just not much of a photographer, though. I really need to get a decent camera. After my chi, Tia, went to the bridge last year, I was really bummed that I only had one or two decent pics of her. I've done a little better with Jasmine, but really should take pics more often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.