Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
I think Chloe already went through this..I hope! She looks nothing like the puppy I picked up in February! She was pure snow white with short CURLY fur :lol: And floppy ears...some chi! Everyone thought she was a really tiny maltese poodle mix.

I was so concerned though, because I didn't think she would ever be a "longhair" chi. I still am a bit, because she's not nearly as fluffy as all of the longhaired babies I've seen here! Her fur is about 1 - 1 1/2 inches on her back and neck and really fluffy around and on her ears but that's all, and her fur doesn't puff out like everyone elses, it just lays flat?

Oh well, it's comforting to hear she still has quite a while to get in a full coat, if she ever will! (Both of her parents were short haired chis so is it even possible??)

Hmmm :?:

· Registered
21 Posts
Hmm that could have a lot to do with then, maybe? Maybe our chis will just be medium haired! :lol:
I've also heard some chis have an undercoat, hence them looking a lot fluffier and their fur sticking up more. I know for sure Chloe doesn't have an undercoat so maybe all the fluffy chis do, hence Chloe not being fluffy. Oh the many mysteries of the chi coat! I guess I will wait and see how she turns out :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.