Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After our usual groomer moved away, we were recommended a new grooming parlour and our 7 year old long haired Chi went yesterday for the first, and last, time.

You can imagine our horror on collecting him to find he had been clipped short all over apart from his head and tail. Leaving aside the action we will be taking against the groomer does anyone have any help and advice on what we can do to a) help calm him down as he's understandably withdrawn and upset and b) help encourage new coat growth.

Have read horror stories of coats not growing back so really worried and any advice, help, tips or reassurance welcome.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It will grow back, but it may not be as full or smooth as before. I would be furious. Sorry this thing happened.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Oh poor baby they really do feel insecure without their hair don't they I used to have a male black miniature Pôodle and when I got him groomed I would always ask for a puppy clip and to leave his mustache on. Well on day I went and picked him up from the groomer and they had shaved his face clean. I was so angry. My poor dog went into depression and he would literly hide his face under blankets or what ever he could find it was as if he felt embarrassed to be seen like that in public. Of course it grew back but it was the worst month for my poor dog he just thought it was the worst thing anyone had ever done.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Poor baby. Honestly I think you are doing the right thing. I hope you took pictures. That would make me so so mad!!!!!! If it were a kid, I'd say get him an ice cream, but maybe a nice treat would help make him feel better. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Good grief, that's a terrible thing, presumably an accident/misunderstanding to have happened, I would be livid beyond belief. Yikes, can you actually sue for that kind of stuff in USA?

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Yikes, can you actually sue for that kind of stuff in USA?
Yes, I am sure you can! You can sue for everything over here I swear :p

I would be FURIOUS if someone cut one of my dog's coats. They are so soft and long and I'm sure it wouldn't grow back the same.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Well, I for one don't think this is the most horrid thing. I have Zarita in a 'puppy clip' in the summer. She is about 1/2 to 3/4's of an inch long hair all over, except for her tail. It was 97 degrees here in Joliet IL and she laid around all day. I did the same last year and she grew out in the fall and winter. Now, however, I ASKED for that clip. I would talk with the groomer and find out what happened. Hair will grow back. Zarita loves her cut, and wags her tail when I tell her how 'cute' she is! Sue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts