Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! As a lot of you know I'm getting a chihuahua soon for christmas! I really want to get a long-haired chi pup but my mom might not let me because she thinks that they shed a lot. To anyone who has a long-haired chi, what do you think are the cons and pros, and do they really shed a lot? Thanks!

~*~Caitlin~*~ :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have no experience with long haired chis but I have heard they don't shed much at all, if any.

I can tell you that Cooper is a short hair and if I pick him up and hold him for 30 seconds, I have all these little brown hairs on my shirt when I put him down. He honestly sheds more than my cat.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I forgot to add....

when you first get a long haired they look like teddy bears...but...they will lose that hair...so you will go through a period of about 1 month or so of major shedding until the blow all their coat

once that is done...it's minimal shedding..

Thought I would add that in as I had no idea and when Gizmo started losing all that hair I was freaking out!!! But, it's normal :wave:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
nope deano hardly ever sheds he may flog the odd hair there and again but hardley ever! :D i love my baby! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts