Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we are in the process of buying a puppy, he is just 4 weeks old. Mum is short haired dad is long, can you tell me if you think he will be long or short?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have no idea, but he is so cute I cannot stand it! My dog seems to have a fairly classic short coat, and does not have the little "feathers" your puppy has at the back of his legs, but also I assume that puppies might be fluffier than adults?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I couldn't say how long the hair will be as he gets older but he seems to have some fluff on him. Our little guy had very short hair when we got him last year; I thought the breeder fleeced us the first few months. Didn't matter though, loved him just so much. However, he's how a year old and we have to trim his hair-he looks like a warewolf lol. You can see him in our profile photo. I switched computers these last 6 months and trying to be sure to have all the photos but I think there are a few still straggling. I will look for some of his baby photos to send along. He looked very similar in hair length to your little one but there could be diffferences. I know Grendel's dad was very, very fluffy while his mother was long haired but very smooth all over her body with only long tufts at her ears and his fur favors his mom more then his dad while his features favor his dad more (stout nose and broader face, etc). Ya just never know with genetics as a person who doesn't study them or a breeder.

Either way, that baby is one heck of a cutie! Congrats on him! Have you picked a name yet? We had Grendel picked out as soon as he got home for his terror of a personality lol. The breeder gave us a heads up though that he was the most playful and mischievous of the bunch when we chose him at 3 weeks.

Found a couple. The first is at around 3 and a half months. The first was about 6 weeks old from the breeder with his mom.

81676957_104138627781302_819085988885168128_o.jpg 82326145_104114277783737_9087246196619083776_o.jpg IMG_0085.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts