Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time I've sent Honey to the groomers and they cut all her pants hair short! She doesn't have much long on her except her tail plume and pants but surely that shouldn't be cut should it?! I specifically said not to this time so I'm really annoyed it looks all blunt but mum picked them up from the groomers so I wasn't there to complain. I'm sure they also cut so me at the back of her neck too. Plus it's weird because they are fairly well known grooming training centre!

When will it grow back in to not look all blunt?

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Never had lily or any other of my chis cut especially this weather,i just snip the pant hair if it gets too long,have no idea how long it will take for the fur to grow

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I cut Bailey's 1 time...before I knew any better:( It probably took 6 mos to a year to fully grow out again. The only grooming I do now is nail trimming.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I'd go bloody mental I would never cut my chis tbh they are kong haired fir a reason if I wanted tem short I'd buy a smooth I trim their feet and pads nothing else needs cutting some sanitary shave I don't

It will grow back but will take ages I'd ring up and askfir your money back and complain I'd go mental why do you et her groomed?? I know some do but thy don't need anything but a bath a brush nails done and pad fur trimmed te rest is fine! You could save yourself some money and heartache of them butchering your dog and do it yourself

Oh I wanna call them and yell

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I do groom her myself but I have had severe ME since July so my mum took her to grooming with Patch who gets clipped to save me some work since I was housebound until about October. But it will be done by me from now on!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Sorry about your me :( I'd just bath her and trim up her feet I di one of my friends yorkies so maybe a deems could help??deffo complain tho name and shame

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Don't worry too much it is only cosmetic - nobody has been really cruel to Honey or hurt her, the hair will grow back. If she is cold she can wear a coat. You still love and care for her - nothing else matters :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my peke, Shanghai. I told them specifically NOT TO TRIM his front legs (his wings) or his rear legs ( his pants) I only wanted a sanitary groom--NOTHING ELSE. Well, when I went back to pick him up they had trimmed all the long hair off his legs, and then did is bum. It was so bad. The had trouble trying to even him out that they almost shaved him from his waist back. I complained and never went back. No way will I take Chico to be groomed. I trim his penis hair when it gets too long, and so far, I haven't had to trim his feet yet. I bathe both dogs myself. I know it grows back, but it takes months and they look terrible until it does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts