Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Parker is shedding a ton, what I would consider blowing his coat. He is 14 weeks old. Is this normal for them to do at this age? Poppy my other longcoat did not do this so I wasn't sure if it was normal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
im not an expert lol this is my first chi she is nealy 7months and i remember her shedding alot when she was about that age. :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I don't think at that age he's actually blowing his coat, not the typical coat blowing that adults go through anyway. His coat is going to change over time, and his baby fur is slowly going to be replaced by his permanent adult coat, and I'm guessing that's starting. Even Jazz, though she's an SC, went through a period around 3 - 4 months when she started losing her soft, fuzzy puppy coat and for a short while I thought she might have a skin condition because there was hair everywhere! But she was just beginning the transition from puppy coat to adult coat.

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
i agree with tink id say hes losing his puppy coat and same thing with me i thought zac had a skin condition as they look baldy sometimes but im sure thats all it is making way for his lovely adult coat x

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured he's just losing his baby fuzz but it was never as noticable with my two girls(one's a long coat and one's a short coat) so it had me a bit surprised.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yep, losing fuffy puppy coat--that was about the time my first furbaby went from black to red...LOL and all I did was brush...;) At the time, hubby wanted me to put it back--that was first long coated chihuahua we ever had and did alot of reading..;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts