Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some more pictures of Gidget today, she sorta of looks like she has corse fur, do you guys think so? Or is that just how fur looks when it's growing in? Anyone have any idea if she is considered Sable? She has lightend up alot. Oh has anyone on here ever shipped a pup before? Is it pretty safe? I am getting pretty nervous.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
what a cutie - she does look slightly coarse but this could change, I would say she will be fawn coloured that the dark will fade :wave:

·
Registered
521 Posts
She's 100% Perfectly adorable! The coat does look a tiny bit coarse but it probably is just coz it's changing, and I think she'll loose the darkness and go fawn too. What a pretty little girl! I hope we get to see lots of her growing up :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't fawn blonde? I wasn't aware she could change THAT much?! I am confused....?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah, fawn is a blondish colour, basically you can look at the hairs under the dark hairs to see what colour she'll predominantly be. You can especially see it in that first pic, I'm guessing her face especially will lighten up to be mostly this colour
which I took from that first pic, but hey, I could be wrong, I'm just saying this from what I've seen with Ruby and lots of other pups here and other places, I found it hard to believe at first too! lol. I'd imagine she'll have a little sprinkling of darker hair on the top of her back but I wouldnt exactly call it sabling. Here's a pic of Ruby at 12 weeks and you can see she had a lot of dark on her face like your girl but it's all but gone now (as you can see in the sig)

I'm no expert, lol, but I thought I'd have a shot at explaing coz you said you were confused. But Gidget could easily prove me wrong, lol, she's such a cutie though!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: The coarseness might change...Stinky's fur was like that and still has some coarsy patches but overall is really soft..feels like feathers! :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi looks a little course but is so soft! looks can be decienving as far as color goes she is like chiwi and it's called fawn with black sabling. sometimes the black sabling stays but other times it disappears. chiwi's black mask might even fade with time too! they go through the craziest color changes!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
She is super cute!!

As for shipping you must make sure it is not over 85 either where she leaves or where her destination is or the airlines will not ship her. I only ship Delta they have a hour by hour weather check!! :wink: Where do you live and where is she being shipped from?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
chihuahua-lady said:
i would say she is gold and white thats what my britney is and they look exactly the same colour! by the way she is adorable
Really?!?! Well I love Britneys color and I think she is adorable so that would be a nice blessing if she wound up the same color.

About shipping She is being shipped from Missouri and is coming here to FL when I first spoke with the breeder she explained that she would have to be shipped early in the AM and would probably get here at like 7am, I am guessing thats due to the heat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts