Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chihuahua Terrier Mixes ( What are they mixed with? )

I purchased some pure breed registered Chihuahuas some time back and they became a little healthier and heartier than what I hoped they would be.
After talking to the vet he told us chances are the breeding Mothers may be pure breed Chihuahuas because what a lot of people don't realize is that Chihuahuas originated in Mexico and at that time, they had a little stocky and healthier look. And these healthier looking Chihuahuas may have been one of the original Chihuahuas from Mexico.
People that are looking for pet quality really don't seem to care, they just want a low priced healthy and cute little dog that will stay fairly small. Most people that want Tiny, like the Teacups or Tiny Teacups don't seem to even buy these type so it really just depends on you and what you are looking for.
We just felt that it would be better for me to sell them as Chihuahua Terrier Mixes than to sell them as a small purebred Chihuahua. Because I was worried that they may have a little bit of terrier somewhere down the bloodline. Maybe you have seen or purchased one of these types of Chihuahuas and can see understand what I am trying to say. I try to be as honest as I can and don't want any of my customers feel mislead by the puppies I sell.
They seem be a little heartier than the very small Chihuahuas not as skittish or nervous and a little calmer type personality. Much easier to bathe than a large or medium sized dog. And are still considered a Toy Breed. They are not high strung yet have a little more of a playful personality such as playing ball or fetch. Most of them can be a indoor or outside pet that won't knock your little children down when they go outside to play. And make backyard cleaning a breeze.

A a lot of people that have children or like to take their dog's on walks and are worried about tiny dog's that get tired easily or travel often may seem to feel this is a better dog for their family.
For example if you took a Teacup or Toy sized Chihuahua for a walk thru your neighborhood you may find yourself carrying it more than walking it.
We realize that not all lifestyles are the same.
That is why we want to offer a little more variety in your choice of a long-term pet that will be the best companion and friend for you family. These little Chihuahua Terrier Mixes have a lifespan of 15 to20 years. And it is extremely rare that they would have problems with Hypoglycemia ( Low Blood Sugar ).

Chihuahua Terrier Mixes weigh between 5 and 8 pounds full grown. Occasionally we have some that could get up to 10 pounds. If you prefer a larger size and plan to get on our waiting list, please make that note on your waiting list application.

http://teacupandtoypet.com/photos/ChihuahuaTerrierMixes.html

:x
[/b]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts