Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaotic. Here is a quick video. She is teeny tiny. Ruby is 3.6 pounds and she looks a giant by comparison.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Ooooooo I love her!! What a cutie pie. LOL at Hope's reaction. Soo do you think you can resist her? I think she's pretty irresistible myself. hehe. ;)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is early yet but both my quiet hubby and Hope seem overwhelmed. She is absolutely gorgeous, I do have to say!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Max was sitting on my lap watching the video with me. I think he wants to play, too! :)

She's cute as a button! It's gonna be hard to say no, I bet! ;)

Got to love Hope's reaction to the whole thing. Looks like she's thinking... Mamma, what have you done now?!?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
She is absolutely adorable!!! I just love her spunk!! I see Ruby does too :) Hope will come around....but that may take more than 1 day;)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I think Hope would come around too. If you really like and want her, I personally think it would work out in the end. Hope and Wilma could end up the best of buddies even. :) I can understand if you think it's too much overall too though. Good luck with your decision, Karen. :)

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I bet Hope will come around. When we first brought Penny home, Lion wanted nothing to do with her! He would growl whenever she came near, but now they are the best of friends :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
OMG she is adorable! She really looks to fit in well. Honestly...it's so hard to make a decision on whether she'll "fit in" in one...or even two, three, four days. Not saying to keep her no matter what but be sure to know some dogs take a bit to adjust to additions. Like what was mentioned...Hope & she could become best buds in a couple weeks. But really...she's so happy & outgoing by the looks--she has great energy! And of course is adorable!! She also compliments your girls PERFECTLY...OMG I can't get over it. LOL

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She is darling!! She is so cute that I can hardly stand it. We have to decide by 8:30 tomorrow morning or make a 6 hour round trip drive after that as the breeder would have returned home.

I worry because husband (who is SUPER sweet, patient and basically thinks whatever I think is a good idea, bless him) seems very overwhelmed. Our girls are 100% pad trained. Never any potty except on the pad or outside if we take them. This one, OF COURSE, does not know our house, our routine, etc., etc. so has peed everywhere BUT the pad. Hubby said, "we get to do this all over again" as he walked through the room with me sitting on the floor with a big bottle of Nature's Miracle. And we would. It only took Ruby 2 weeks to catch on and she was 14 weeks. Hard to say if an 8 month old would be quicker or slower. The potty thing was the only thing he ever complained about with the other two, and of course, here we are...again (I know this is what he is thinking). We are so fortunate that our two sleep through the night but if they do need to potty, they toddle down their pillow ramp, come out and potty and come right back to bed. We are spoiled!!

I want to make the best decision. The up side is that the breeder made it clear that this was a trial and she was teary-eyed handing her to me so I need to consider that we CAN return her as an option.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hmm, well obviously potting will take time & adjusting to ANY new dog regardless of age. To think it wouldn't be an issue would be silly. Whether she learns quickly or not is 1) up to how your approach to potty training is (obviously it must be good if your girls learned quickly :) ) & 2)her personality/how she learns.

I don't want to sound rude because I totally am not meaning to be but did you guys not think of this? For me this wouldn't even be a point of deciding whether or not to keep her or not because it is 100% workable. But that is me I guess. Good dogs take work...they rarely come all trained. :) I say keep an open mind. If things don't work out a few weeks down the road & she seems impossible to work with (which I couldn't imagine!)...I am sure the breeder would still take her back.

I say give the girls a break & a chance--she is in a new place with new people & new dogs. Away from her mama & other play mates. I am sure she is overwhelmed as well as you guys...just keep an open mind so you don't have any regrets either way. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts