Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it was a nice day and I was feeling caged in, I decided it was time for a walk. I made it short since its only the second time I've took them both out and they did a great job. Rocki is definitly doing better with walks. She doesn't pull much. But Daisy was funny. I said, "Ready to head home", and she did an about face and was head go to get home. Which of course made me laugh.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
That's great. I found when I had a scared dog, if I took them out with one of mine that loved walks, it really help them build confidence. It's cute that she knew when it was time to go home.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh they did. When Daisy felt a little frighten or something she would slow down and tail behind Rocki. If Daisy decided she wanted to stop and not walk, Rocki would walk over to her and give her a look and back we were and walking. Daisy did great. I will admit I did get a few looks walking polar opposite size dogs. But they did great. So if this continues than I'll be doing this more often instead of taking seperate walks.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yeah, it's good for them to be together... Daisy will become more confident and Rocki will learn to slow down and enjoy more! I'm glad it's going well :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'm happy that things are improving on walks. You have such beautiful dogs.
I like the harness Daisy is wearing, very pretty. Thank goodness for our dogs,
thanks to them we are forced to get out of the house, breath some fresh air,
get some sunshine, these pups really do help us stay healthy, don't they. :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah they do. Thank you I made her harness, my mom sent me the fabric. Rocki is wearing the harness that snaps in front so if she pulls, I give a simple tug of the leash and she turns around to face me. Its been a huge improvement from a collar. I can also snap it on the back too.

It is great to get out and get fresh air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts