Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys we drove 2 hrs to look at 2 female merles but I turned it down first if all was in the ghetto of the city byb had 5 female adults that she breeds and 1 stud all of them were friendly and everything I turned down the Merle because I thought it had hydrocauclas I'll add a pic after I'm still on my way home thank god I had this forum though to know the signs.

First indication was it's head shape
Second was the molera it was bigger than a toonie and it had smaller pin sized holes in the closed part of the skull

The eyes seemed normal not out wards crossed

I mentioned it to her and she said the vet said it was fine lol she did have a 11/2 year old female full grown at 2 1/albs which had the same molera wasn't the mom but it had a normal apple shaped head.

Pic coming going to see if I can upload it on my iPhone to photovucket stay tuned I want opinions on if I was right about it lol I even left googles it in my car then told her no but I didn't see pics

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I don't use or consider a molera an indicator in a young pup of hydro. Bryco's was the ENTIRE top of his head at 10 weeks, now it is 2 smaller "slits" that are left, but I think the one toward the back of his head will close completely. The eyes sound a bit off tho, definitely share a picture :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked her about it and she didn't sound like she knew about it I was basing it on molera and head shape plus it was hiding and very quiet not playing at all the other one was active but was huge like over 3lbs for sure and they were only 7 weeks I don't want a tiny one but also not huge the mom was 5lbs another turn off was the ad said both parents on site but the dad was apparently a rescue and ended up accidentally getting get female pregnant then she rehomed the dad So I couldn't even see him or a picture

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I can't really see its eyes but they don't look abnormal from THESE pics...?? Head shape looks normal too. Puppy looks like it's about 5 - 6 weeks old maybe?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My oh was proud I could walk away hahaha I said Im for sure getting another one but im not settling just because it's there I don't know much about it but it sounded like brycos it was literally the whole top of her skull but also bryco has a normal shaped head this ones head was huge on the top like the forehead was huge not a normal shaped chi head I bred in the past with baby and none of them had a head like that prada has a giant head but it's very round I can't really describe this ones Proper by typing it

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Ohhhh gotcha

Bryco's breeder has a tiny, tiny under 3 lb 7 month old long coated blue merle named Huck they are selling, I think for $900. They are in the US but ya never know ;) He's really friendly but does NOT like the show ring so they decided not to keep him.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish but oh wants a female lol we looked at 2 females today from that breeder we agreed a long time ago we would only have ninja as a male I was considering a male but oh won't pay half then lol it's supposed to be my Xmas present but it may be a late one if I don't find one I want. I think it's better if I turned it down I usually have a really good and accurate feeling/intuition about things I feel bad for the little thing but I can't have them all.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Yeah, you need to have a good feeling about where the dog is coming from. If I were you I'd look for a slightly older one, too. For whatever reason, Merles tend to grow larger than other standard colors.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did read that about merles the other night but i think you can tell at this age the sister of that one was huge at least double the size

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
He's super cute I'm sure it was hard to walk away but at least you know what you're looking for. The perfect little cutie will come your way!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Head shape seems off to me, but could just be the angle of the pictures, his nose seems really wide too, but I know it's hard to get Merles to breed standard. I love the color of Merles...well some are just absolutely beautiful, but after everything I've been through with Zoey, don't want to take any chances of ill health.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The head shape was the deal breaker for me it's weird shaped it's not just the pics it looked like that in person i thought it would just be the pic too I'll add a pic of the sister I'm almost home.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
well your a stronger woman then me, well done, realyy sad tho isnt it. you kind of wonder where these pups will end up,lovely merle markings tho

1 - 20 of 22 Posts