Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking for a female chi In Ohio if anyone knows of anyone having puppies soon or just had puppies because we dont want to get one til may but are looking for one now .....please help......Thanks

~Bri~

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Have u looked at chihuahua rescues? They have puppies (well not 12wk old but young pups)
Not saying to stay away from breeders in any way...but since you are ready now I just offered the suggestion :wink: 8)
Best of luck on your search!!!!
-Jessica

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i've looked but havent found what we are looking for also my mom wants to get from a breeder.....btw i love your siggy!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Why does your mother not want to adopt a puppy from a rescue? It would be the same as getting a pup from a breeder. Please tell your mother that many Chi die in shelters along with other animals that are not able to find homes because of over population go to www.petfinder.com and look at the many Chi for adoption

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know ...i've been looking at that site everyday and havent seen any pups and i cant change my moms mind sorry...Im not trying to be rude but thats what my mom wants to do and it's her money she worked hard for and im sorry :|

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Have you done a search on a s/engine such as " ask.com " ? When we were looking for a breeder, that's how I found quite a few and then proceeded to research each one out to make sure they were not a puppy mill. Good luck with your hunt........I hope you find a little chi , form a reputable breeder in your area.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just emailed a few breeders in Ohio hope one of them has hope of me getting a female chihuahua

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know of any breeders in Mig. Or Indiana??????

·
Registered
277 Posts
I know some very good show breeders in Indiana but you didn't say whether you are looking for a long or smooth coat chi? The breeders we know specialize in mostly long coats.

There is a breeder just over the Indiana board into Michigan called Barb Pendergrass, she is a very reputable lady with both coats available on occasion. Her website is:

www.rafinachihuahuas.com

If your interested in a long coat (we have 3!!), there is a wonderful show breeder in Seymour, Indiana called Annette WaldKoetter and her daughter is Annalisa. She has breed two National Chihuahua Specialty winners and our newest addition came from her. Super super lady. Her website is:

www.windsongchihuahuas.com

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much does Annette WaldKoetter charge for her pups if i may ask?
We have Emailed Barb Pendergrass a week ago and have been think lots about it , she'll be having a couple litters in April.

Long Hair is what we're looking for..Thanks for the info :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've sent you a private email with pictures :lol:

P.S. Annette only breeds and specializes in long coats.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got your email , thats a very good price! I'll email her ....thank you very much.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If that doesn't work for you, you can try Gloria Lambert in South Bend, IN. She has dogs that often show at Westminister. I've never met her but I've heard she's a very good breeder but I couldn't give you any idea of price.

http://www.tanyastoys.com 517-586-3934

·
Registered
277 Posts
Also Bri, you can talk to Karen Temple who is another reputable show breeder. We've spoke with her before and she's very nice, Annette often recommends her and vice versa. She lives in Greencastle, Indiana
(765) 653-9718 and her email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Emailed Barb again after talking to her a few weeks ago.Stilling having no luck :(

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't worry, you'll find one. Did you send an email to Annette? I would advise either yourself or your mom call people for information versus emailing them. Show breeders get alot of emails and are very busy people so its sometimes hard from them to respond right away. They would much prefer getting to talk to someone on the phone and get a "feel" for the type of person inquiring about their dogs. This way too, if they don't have puppies they will often give you the contact for someone else who may.

·
Registered
277 Posts
How are you making out, any luck?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The breeder Deb (thanks janiebabes) Just had a litter with females.Im so excited and now all we have to do is wait for her to send pictures of the females and pick one out and send the deposit!Im in such a good mood!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cant wait to pick one out, it'll be hard if theres more than one because she's already had 2 girls but she wants to keep one but her dog was still having puppies the last time she emailed me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts