Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a tea cup chihuahua pup or a chihuahua pup that weighs about 2-3 pounds fully grown. We have a 9 yr old chihuahua and I want to get a pup to keep our dog company. I just adore chihuahua's and they are my favorite dog. I have always wanted a small sized chihuahua dog that could fit in a pocket. That's the size I am looking for. For price wise, I am hoping I wont spend any more than $300-400. I live in Maryland and I would be willing to drive some distance to pick this pup up. I hope to find a breeder that lives close enough for me to drive to. The pup can be a male or female and any color. I'm not looking to breed this dog. This dog will be a pet...a part of the family. I am really purchasing a dog for my parents, but it's going to also be my dog :) I have e-mailed several breeders, but so far, no luck. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Scott

·
Registered
559 Posts
when i was looking for a chi i found a tea cup female for sale, full grown. i have to look through my files and see if i could get the email or phone number for you asap

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good luck-Ive been searching very hard, for over a year, and it seems that most breeders want at least 500.00 and up. Be careful, because any breeder that tells you they are Teacup, should raise a red flag, THERE is no such thing as a T-cup chihuahua, the breed has no standard, a chihuahua is a chihuahua. Please go to any breeder site and look up the confirmation on this breed, and READ < READ< READ! There are alot of people out there to make a buck, and dont care about the genectic or proper terminology of the breed. T-Cup, Toy etc. means a quick sale for big bucks. Search for your pup with people who list there pups the honest way.
The breeder will list an approx. weight at adult size. And if you are lucky enough to find a 2-3 lb size, have it spayed or neutered, because your asking for trouble if you breed an animal that tiny. Hayes Chihuahuas is a good sight to start learning. I hope you find your little darling...... best wishes.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Chiwaluv said:
Good luck-Ive been searching very hard, for over a year, and it seems that most breeders want at least 500.00 and up. Be careful, because any breeder that tells you they are Teacup, should raise a red flag, THERE is no such thing as a T-cup chihuahua, the breed has no standard, a chihuahua is a chihuahua. Please go to any breeder site and look up the confirmation on this breed, and READ < READ< READ! There are alot of people out there to make a buck, and dont care about the genectic or proper terminology of the breed. T-Cup, Toy etc. means a quick sale for big bucks. Search for your pup with people who list there pups the honest way.
The breeder will list an approx. weight at adult size. And if you are lucky enough to find a 2-3 lb size, have it spayed or neutered, because your asking for trouble if you breed an animal that tiny. Hayes Chihuahuas is a good sight to start learning. I hope you find your little darling...... best wishes.
Thankyou chiwaluv for pointing this out, i get so fed up keep trying to teach people THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TEACUP CHI!!!!!, its a breeders way of selling tinies at more money!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I say Tea Cup, I am only meaning small. Preferably around 2-4 pounds. I also am not using this pup for breeding, but only a pet. I am buying my parents a small chihuahua pup and they have a 9 yr old chihuahua. My mother always told me that she wanted a chihuahua that could fit in her pcoket. That's why I used the term tea cup. Thanks for the helpful information. Scott

·
Registered
559 Posts
hey scotty, i think i threw away the information on the breeder i was telling you about. however i realised it doesnt matter since the breeder is in the UK and i didnt realise you were in the US.

i'm glad you people cleared up the "teacup" chihuahua issue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi, first she can go the the site where I got my chi's and look on the faq page, the breeder goes into the teacup thing the website is www.chihuahuas-dogs-puppies.com Another site that I go to states that you can never breed a tiny female (under 4 lbs) because it could be deadly. You can use small males as the stud, to try and get smaller pups, but you should NEVER use a small female as delivery could kill her. Most people who do this cruel type of breeding make their tiny dogs have c-section after c-section because that is the only way to get the puppies out. It is in humane, and any breeder that does it should be put in jail. Here's the other website. http://www.chilifur.com/brding/brding.html
The part you should look for reads:
It is by far safer to breed a bitch closer to 4 and 5 pounds than 3! Puppies can only be so small before health is compromised. A breeder could easily lose a 3 pound bitch trying to carry a litter of normal sized puppies. Free whelping is heritable and is a big factor. Just because a bitch is small does not necessarily preclude her from free whelping, her size simply increases the risk. Conversely, a larger bitch carries no guarantees against C-Sections either. There are so many other complications that arise - and frequently do - that it's impossible to include here without devoting the entire site to just breeding!

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
thanks so much, im really greatful. i dont like the fact that breeders could do such a thing just to have smaller pups. its so sad.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You're welcome - If you get a chance check out the new thread I started under chi questions and articles titled BREEDING SMALL FEMALE CHIS - IT WILL KILL THEM!!! I came across a member from this site that was planning on breeding her 2.2 lb chi - What an awful thing!!! It upset me so much, anyway, I hope the site gave you what you were looking for, and you can help your sister make an informed decision.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts