Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking this one. It's cheap and kind of cute.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/allReviews.do?product_id=13025218
What do you think? My idea is when I am away from my (future puppy) to keep it in the kitchen (linoleum floor) in this with puppy pad and food/water, etc. I will get a small crate but don't want her to have to be in it while i'm gone while she is a puppy. I'm just wondering if its tall enough.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I think Billy's Mom got that one. Jade's breeder had some of those at her house. I think Billy's Mom said it was 24 inches high. Plenty tall for a puppy, and even a small adult. :) I have a walk over gate that is 18 inches tall in my hall way, and none of mine can get over it. Those are nice pens too. I wanted one, but couldn’t find it less than 75 dollars. $34 is a steal!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I am using that one across the opening of the family room and it works great. None of the little dogs can get over it, but the cats and Bouncer can jump over it no problem. And it's low enough that all my kids can walk over it. I love the gate, we open it for Bandit, my 17 year old mix dog, so she can go through it to get from the living room where she lives to go outside. It is sturdy and well made and the best investment I have made. I have not used it as a pen, but Sugar's mom is using it as one and it sounds like it is working for her for that use quite well.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
A puppy I wouldn't think could climb it. None of mine were ever climbers, or jumpers really. I guess some could be? But you def. found a bargain! I love that pen!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think Billy's Mom got that one. Jade's breeder had some of those at her house. I think Billy's Mom said it was 24 inches high. Plenty tall for a puppy, and even a small adult. :) I have a walk over gate that is 18 inches tall in my hall way, and none of mine can get over it. Those are nice pens too. I wanted one, but couldn’t find it less than 75 dollars. $34 is a steal!
Good lord I'm jealous. my 3 lber can hop a 4 foot gate like it's going out of style.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts