Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: hi, i'm Keri, the new mommy of a sweet little chi. i have 2 other dogs, a bulldog, Dozer and a pek, Bitty. i have never owned a chi before but several other breeds. i've successfully housetrained many other dogs in my life but i'm having an awful time housetraining Daisy. anyone having the same problem or any advise. help, i have a 7 mth old child and its hard trying to take care of a new pup too.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Just ry to be consistent and keep her crated as much as possible. I have to admit Chihuahuas can sometimes be a challenge to housebreak. All three of mine go Potty outside and also use Pee Pads indoors. Right now it is to cold to take them out...plus it is snowing. Just give lots and lots of praise! Be patient, it might take a while.

Sandra

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hello2:

How old is your new chi?
Are you training her to go outside, potty pads or litter?

We love pictures here so we would love to see a pic of your all your pets and family.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hi and welcome! :wave:

I had great luck w/ crate training..when I couldn't watch them, in the crate they would go. I took them out lots through out the day and night. I'm talking almost once an hour. It was tiring but well worth it. I have a chi and a shih tzu ..both known to be a little stubborn w/ house breaking but a have to say the crate works b/c my chi is 8 mths old and my tzu is 4 mths and I hardly ever have accidents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts