Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chloe has a baby canine tooth that is SO loose. It obviously hurts her because she won't chew on anything or play with any of her toys. She won't put anything in her mouth. I can't get ahold of it to pull it because she moves too quick. We tried to hold her and pull it, but she seems upset, so I didn't want to push it too much. Any ideas on how to get it out?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Raw bones, if they are enough to tempt her, work wonders! It's nature's toothbrush LOL. Kahlua had a retained baby tooth that I was able to wiggle regularly (you may need a helping hand if she's as squirmy/quick as you say), in addition to feeding her lots of chicken necks during that time. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raw bones, if they are enough to tempt her, work wonders! It's nature's toothbrush LOL. Kahlua had a retained baby tooth that I was able to wiggle regularly (you may need a helping hand if she's as squirmy/quick as you say), in addition to feeding her lots of chicken necks during that time. Good luck!
I don't know if she would chew on a bone right now. She won't chew on bully sticks or any of the normal stuff she chews on. She won't even eat treats that require her to chew them up. I've tried wiggling the tooth and my boyfriend and I held her and tried to pull it, but now she's mad at me and is sitting with my boyfriend instead of me. She never sits with him when I'm home normally.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hmm; in that case, have you considered frozen veggies? Baby carrots are a great size. Nutritionally they won't do much for her unless pureed; but they are great for teething puppies as it helps sooth sore gums/teeth. If she likes the taste she may be encouraged to chew, and once she realizes the numbing effect it may make her more inclined to keep working at it. =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.