Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check Chloe's teeth every few days. I checked today and it's probably been longer than normal since I've looked in her mouth. It's been less than a week though. All of her front top and bottom teeth fell out! It caught me by surprise because so many are missing! So, here goes teething again! Her ears are already dropping some, but not all the way. Let's hope it goes by quickly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I guess as a new Chi-puppy owner (Carmen was almost 7 when I got her), I should inquire as to the teething thing. I "looked" at Trixie's teeth when I got her...they all look good and she seemed to have a mouthful! My daughter was holding her on the ride home (about 1.5 hours) and we both noticed that Trixie was drooling....kind of a lot. I haven't really seen her drool much since. Is this normal for a 9 month old? And when do they start losing their baby teeth, etc. I know I could "Google" this, but I thought I'd come to the experts here....the ones who have been through the teething process already!

Thank you!!!

Edited for a glaring typo, or two! LOL!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Toby has finished teething. He is 10 months old. However, we are now dealing with retained baby teeth that will need to be removed. Be on the look out for those, I've been told that if they are not out by 1 year old, they require surgical removal. It is very common in Chis.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
That's what our vet suggested too, Theresa. He said that's one of the many reasons they like to wait until 6 months with smaller breeds to spay. Odie's bottom row in the front are crooked, but I guess they thought they didn't need to be pulled.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My daughter was holding her on the ride home (about 1.5 hours) and we both noticed that Trixie was drooling....kind of a lot. I haven't really seen her drool much since. Is this normal for a 9 month old?
Drooling is often a sign of motion sickness which a lot puppies experience in a car. By 9 months most dogs have all of their permanent teeth. Percy is 14 weeks and has already lost 2 of his top incisors. I can't wait until those sharp little canine teeth come out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.