Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic from one of our gatherings. We have had parties with 25 or so dogs (mostly Chi's, a few other toy breeds lucky enough to be invited!) The dogs LOVE it. They tend to form a little pack and run in and out together - a moving (and very amusing) carpet of Chihuahuas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would soooooo love to meet your group.... I'am in Cali too.... I saw the other posting and I think it's just a great great ideal.. Please email about the info... if i can go that is? please please lol :color:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The More The Merrier !

Thumper and Romeo would love to make some new friends !

We meet the 2nd Saturday of every month, usually at Westminster Dog Park in Venice. I organize our gatherings through meetup.com. Our group's website is:

www.chihuahua.meetup.com/11

Anyone anywhere can go to chihuahua.meetup.com, enter your zip code, and find out if there is an active group in your area. The San Diego group, for example, is HUGE! If there isn't a group listed, you can use the site to start one. It took a while for us to always have a pretty good turn out for our regular get togethers (at least 10 dogs or so). Our special parties are usually larger. We did a pet psychic party, and a holiday party. We are doing a birthday party in June!

If anyone needs ideas about how to get a group jump-started in your area, I'd be more than willing to help out :)

Martina and The Boyz (Thumper and Romeo)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
That looks like so much fun. I did check on a group in my area a few weeks ago. The closest I could find was south of Orlando, which is about 50 miles from me. Have been considering trying to start one here - if I do, I'll get in touch - maybe you could give me some pointers on getting started.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Playdates

I am so sorry we missed you! For some reason, I didn't get an email from that message board update. I feel like a very bad organizer.

One of the best ways to get folks involved is word of mouth. I carry little mini-flyers with me, and when I see someone with a Chi, I let them know.

My poor boyfriend is now used to me suddenly running in the other direction to chase down a chi I saw out of the corner of my eye. It's really bad. I even pull the car over if I have the time.

Set a date, a time and a place. You can put up flyers in the pet store. You may be by yourself the first few times (we were), but it's like that movie: if you build it, they will come 8)

·
Registered
642 Posts
That looks like so much fun!!!! I wish I could get a group like that together around here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts