Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon our 8 month old Chihuahua slipped out of the house. Her name is Divinity, she is short haired, white/cream with brown patches. She does not have a collar. We live near 6th and Cherry in Erie, PA and hope that through this site someone may become aware of her location. We have been listing various adds and notices to all the local shelters/authorities as well as cnvasing the neighbours.

If you see her or hear through your networks of someone find her can you please contact me at 814.460.1742

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I am so sad to hear about your chi.. I have cross posted your message to another dog forum I am on regularly. The moderator there is also from PA. I pray this may help you locate Divinity. Deb

·
Registered
311 Posts
I live just south of you, we actually camp up in Erie we launch out of Walnut. I will keep an eye out on the various sites down around our area just in case. I just noticed a girl from Pittsburgh posted about here dog's vet visit today so there are at least a couple of us located close to you to keep an eye out in our areas.

With word out (call the animal catcher if you haven't already) hopefully she will be returned. Fingers crossed for you and I will keep an eye out.

Edited to add:
Petfinder.com - Animal Welfare Organizations Near You

found these places to call for you in case you haven't called them all.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( Hopefully she will be home soon.
I think its a good idea to edit your thread and also add a photo, it may help people around you identifying her

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone,

thanks for your concern. Di is home as of noon today - she has a broken leg but otherwise in great health.

Again - thanks for all your concern

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Thank you for letting us know! So thankful she is home, but so sorry about her broken leg. Do you have any idea where she's been? How did you get her back? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Poor little baby :(
So sorry about her leg, but at least you know she is safe at home with you now

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
ahhhh so pleased you found her !!!!!
shame about her leg i wish her a speedy recovery.
keep us posted so pleased you found her

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Thank the Lord she is home with her family. I am so sorry about her leg, but thankfully that will mend.. You have been so blessed to get her back safe!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow! I am so glad that she is home safe with you. I am wishing her a quick recovery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Morning, Di seems to have been at a home a couple of blocks away. We had posted flyers and later one with a reward. The woman who brought her to our house said they were taking care of her for broken leg (no vet)- and did not realize until they saw the poster that someone was looking for her. We have a couple of concerns with the story but will not followup - just glad to have Di back. The left front leg was broken across both bones - they did a small amount of traction yesterday to stabalize. she goes back to the vet on Monday - at this time they will give her anistesia and try to finish aligning the bones. We should know with in 4 weeks if the leg will heal or if we will need to take her in for a rod and pins. Again - many thanks for your concern

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I am soooo happy Di was returned home. Losing a pet and not knowing what happened to it is so heartbreaking. What is it and people not taking dogs to the vet? When I found Reggie and as soon as I realized something as wrong with his back leg, we were at the vets and getting xrays and pain medicine. As it turned out, nobody claimed him and I kept him, but still, I wouldn't have even a stray lay around in pain.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts