Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have a chi that is just obsessed with being brushed ? I take the brush out and Bryco goes absolutely bonkers, starts begging, hopping, spinning, and gets in my lap faster than you can say hot tamale...LOL. He will lay there as long as he possibly can, shifting here and there so I get the spots he wants. It's the cutest thing, and its a good thing too, b'c he definitely needs to be brushed :)

Then Oakley and Trigger come over, and THEY beg to be brushed. Laurel only likes it a little, I only do her right after baths, cuz otherwise she just isn't into it. I just think its the funniest thing??

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes...three really do..one's okay with it and the other even though she's okay with brushing== will take off in the opposite direction...LOL

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...three really do..one's okay with it and the other even though she's okay with brushing== will take off in the opposite direction...LOL
So funny! It was all new to me, I had 3 smooth coats first so ... no need to brush really. Then I got the LC and soon they all figured out what's up and are like hi hi me me me me!

Honey loves it but she dosent go like yours!! Lol I think thats cute
Hehehe Honey is a smart girl :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Aww too cute! That must kick Mr Bryco into static overload :)
Do you just use a slicker brush? I need to get a brush for Leo, Miley has more fuzz than fur, and Reese doesnt really need brushing so I just have the furminator for the cats-that seems a little extreme to use on Leo. He doesnt really need brushing yet but I should probably start getting him used to it.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Aw, that's so cute!

Britney likes to be brushed, it definitely relaxes her and she switches positions for me too :lol: Butter is a total vegetable, hates being brushed. Mind you, this is the same dog that doesn't even like when people touch front feet :roll:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww too cute! That must kick Mr Bryco into static overload :)
Do you just use a slicker brush? I need to get a brush for Leo, Miley has more fuzz than fur, and Reese doesnt really need brushing so I just have the furminator for the cats-that seems a little extreme to use on Leo. He doesnt really need brushing yet but I should probably start getting him used to it.
Yep, I use a slicker brush, but I am sure to use the ones with the little plastic tip on the metal prong, otherwise I think it really hurts them. They LOVE the plastic tipped slicker brushes, though. My favs are just the cheapo ones from Lil Pals, they are purple and green and the perfect size for a toy dog.

Once they figure out it feels good its much easier to do on them :) Pretty soon Leo will start getting in adult fur and it will stick out all funny and drive you nuts ;)

Aw, that's so cute!

Britney likes to be brushed, it definitely relaxes her and she switches positions for me too :lol: Butter is a total vegetable, hates being brushed. Mind you, this is the same dog that doesn't even like when people touch front feet :roll:
Ohhh Butter, you make your mommy's head spin ;) Britney is a smart girl. I've heard its really good for their skin/coat health, and can help their coat grow as well, which of course w/ a LC you want that :-D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lavender loves to be combed or brushed. I put up the card table to groom my Bichon, Cosmo, and Lavender. Cosmo loves to be groomed, too. Lavender will sit beside me and whine or get on my lap and lick my face all the while I'm grooming Cosmo. Cosmo will jump up onto the table while I'm doing Lavender and try to put his head under the comb or brush. It's a hoot to groom them. :eek:)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, that must be so cute! None of mine are super crazy about being brushed. They don't dislike it but they don't love it. LOL You have to get a video of Bryco getting ready for a brush. haha

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If im even brushing my own hair, Pip and Maisie are there begging to be brushed too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts