Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I think Mr. Peepers has a few people that he really likes and it's hard to see favoritism within those people. But I think a good way for me to tell that he favors me is when he's scared or when he gets hurt (like when he broke his leg) he comes straight to me and ignores everyone else.

·
Registered
889 Posts
ever since i read this post ive been paying more attention to zoey and who she likes to sit by. im convinced she loves my boyfriend more than me and it's making me so sad! when she has a choice of who she wants to sit by/sleep she 99% of the time chooses him. but it's odd because when i go in my room she sits by my door and whines till i come back out and she doesn't do that to him... he says she likes to sit by him because his lap is bigger than mine. i think he's just trying to make me feel better. i'm the one who stays home with her when he goes to work everyday! she should love me more! :D

grr.... jealousy! over who our puppy likes more?! :roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is wierd, i feel for you. i got my first chi from a woman that had (i appeared to me) a pack of wild chihuahuas living in her basement. actually my husband surprised me by insisting that i pick a chihuahua from the wild pack, although i was quite sure i did not want one. well, the lady finally manged to corner one and snare it for me. she put it's quivering body in my arms and it firmly planted its feet against me and launched itself to freedom (she was 7 months old) well. we trapped her and dragged her off to the car. i held her so he could drive. it turned out that she was glued to me from that day on. i never gave her treats, he tried to bribe her with yummies, but she would grab it and run to me. she never liked anyone but me. i made the mistake of going to the grocery store a year later... she escaped when my daughter opened the front door, and was hit by a car trying to follow me.

now i got a new pup, cause i missed the dog that i never wanted that was glued to my leg for a year. and the new pup likes my hubby. and other people, too. i guess this is a blessing, but i miss the dog that hated every human but me. i do not think you are crazy. i dont have lots of experience with chis, but i see 2 distinctly different attachment patterns. i wonder, you more experienced people, if the attachments tend to get more fixed as the dog gets older? i am hoping this lildog will start showing favoritism soon................

·
Registered
135 Posts
me too

My pup Mario always seems to like my husband better but I think it's only because I tend to be the one that disaplines him the most. I seem to catch mairo in the act because being a woman i am obvioulsy more obsevant him (joke). Maybe thats the same for you?

·
Registered
889 Posts
totally! i tell my boyfriend all the time to discipline her more often but he never seems to see when she's misbehaving!!!

lately she's been wanting to be by me more often- except at night.... she sleeps by his legs at night. i think it's because i move around alot when i sleep! :lol:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts