Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there !!!:)

I got my first chihuahua pup and she has had low blood pressure in the morning at least twice...I am not about to let this happen again...

I give her puppyvite once a day and I now feed her at like 9pm...( i make sure she eats a good amount ) She´s fine when I feed her late, she actually wakes ME up in the morning not the other way around...

She wasn't eating the first few days I got her...I had Science Diet for her...but she ate two pieces than stoped, then I tried giving her some wet food, she wouldnt have it, then I gave her bits of chicken , she loved it but I dont want her to get used to it as it makes picky eaters ( i have a yorkie that would rather starve than eat dog food, she was raised on chicken by her breeder). So I got her Eukanuba for small breed puppies yesterday and she loooves it... eats it dry :coolwink: ( I guess thats what her breeder gave her)---

Any tips? :p Can i give her more puppyvite? ( ive been all over town and can't find nutrical:( )

Any help , critiques, etc would be very appreciated :daisy:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry should have asked do you just feed once a day ???? if so that is not enough for a 3 month old chi

No, she's is being fed 4 times a day :

Breakfast
Lunch
4 ish PM
And at night :)

She's eating better and better every day :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Neither Eukanuba nor Science Diet are decent foods. Go here: dogfoodanalysis.com and see where they rate. I urge you to slowly transition her over to a higher quality food.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i had problems with marley & eating when we first got her - she was also fed boiled chicken by her breeder which caused her to be the most picky eater ALIVE & it still continues to this day and she is now 11 months...i always left out a dish of water mixed with corn syrup and she loved it and it kept her blood sugar up through out the day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts