Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls are getting spayed June 9. I am not going to my vet because he charges about $450-500 to spay each dog. There is a place by my work where it is about $165 per dog. I really cant afford to spend $1,000 to spay my dogs right now. I have talked to the low cost place and they said i have nothing to worry about the have done tons of small dogs and cats before, it is a real animal hospital and all i have just necver had experience with them before. I must say I am a litlittle nervous though, anyone have any experience with lower cost places???

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
You really want to investigate this place. Ask them if you can have the names of some people that have gone there to call them. They may not due to client confidentiality but ti worth a shot. Call and ask around if anything has been heard about this place. You don't want to wind up taking your baby to a chop shop :wink:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i agree, i would investigate it fist. i've seen some pretty bad spays and nueters at places like that but then again, i've also seen good ones. if it's too much money for you why not do one at a time? i'd stay with my vet as he knows my baby so well already.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i really wanted to take them to get done at the same time so they heal the same time....im afraidi f i did one at a time that maybe one would be in pain the other one might hurt it by trying to play to rough ....i called the said they cant tell me patients but i have nothing to worry about....it is a nice place i went inside and everything.....a lady i work with take s her dogs there she said there good. i guess i just hope for the best :wink:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: Lower cost spaying/nuetering

Chi Mommy said:
$450-500 to spay each dog.
HOLY MOLY! I've never heard of them being that much. I live in Waco, Texas and we have a really well known doctor here that is for the small breeds, and charges less than a hundred dollars, and the incesion is practically nothing, about a half an inch. He's great. I'm sure it just depends where you live. You can always come to Texas to get it done! lol :D :lol:

·
Registered
321 Posts
?

O MY GOODNESS YOU POOR THING!!!!!!!!!! I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA AND AVERAGE COST FOR SPAYIN AND NUTERING HERE IS $45.00 i AM SOOOO GLAD I DONT LIVE WHERE IT COST THAT MUCH I ONLY PAID $40.00 TO GET MY CAT FIXED AND THAT INCLUDED 2 DAY KENNEL STAY AND I USE ONE OF THE BEST VETS IN TOWN!!!! i HIGHLY DOUGHT YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BY TAKING YOU DOG TO A CHEAPER VET THEY ALL CHARGE DIFFRENTLY FOR SOME REASON. EVEN HERE MY MOTHER IN LAW PAID TO HAVE HER DOG FIXED AND SHE PAID $80.00 SHE USES THE MOST EXPENSIVE VET IN TOWN THOUGH. SHOP AROUND GIRL :wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL......yea i guess thats the price i pay for living 10 miles from NYC everything is soooooooo expensive here!! If you want the spaying with the laser its even more ....but i have checked around 450-500 is what every vet in the area charges

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
yeah that is ridiculously high. I paid $181 I think and I nearly fainted with that when it was all said and done (teeth extracted too) I spent $404! :shock:

Boys are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy cheaper :lol:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: My vet charges $150..and his place (well, known and recommended animal hospital) is by far the CHEAPEST place...remember that sometimes what you're paying for is also your vet's rent, supplies, and time. High prices doesn't always mean better service and viceversa. :wink: Good luck to you all! :wave:

·
Registered
518 Posts
You must be in an expensive area because $165 is not what I'd call low cost.

There have been some scary stories posted by people who did low cost (meaning like $30) and also some successful stories.

I'd check out anyone before I let them do it. Also, if my vet charged $450 - $500 I might look for a new vet.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Sending positive thoughts your way. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts